screech

Kohler M12S Help

screech

My Kohler M12S 312-8 stopped. I changed fuel filter. If I spray a little starting fluid in the air filter it starts but does not get gas to stay running. Do I need a new fuel pump. Full of ethenol free gas. It was running along fine and sputtered to a stop. Thank You,

• Like 2

Achto

:WRS:

Make sure that the fuel line is not obstructed from the tank to the pump, reinstall the line. Remove the line from the pump to the carb & turn the engine over to make sure the pump is working. Put all lines back on & remove the float bowl from the carb. Turn the engine over to ensure gas is being pumped into the carb. These steps should narrow a fuel delivery issue down for you.  

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 1

screech

Thank You Achto, I have gas to fuel pump. I took line off top of fuel pump, turned it over and no gas,,,zero, zip. So NAPA has fuel pump for about $62,,,,,on the way to order it. Thanks!!

• Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:

Hope the new pump does the job for you.  Any other concerns please feel free to ask here.

posifour11

When I've had fuel pump issues, I installed an electric pump hidden in the hood stand area. Leaving the old one in place. 

I also believe there is a guy on here that's making fuel pump rebuild kits to keep the original vs. the newer plastic ones. 

Achto
35 minutes ago, posifour11 said:

I also believe there is a guy on here that's making fuel pump rebuild kits to keep the original vs. the newer plastic ones. 

Kohler fuel pump rebuild kits for the metal pumps.

http://www.then-now-auto.com/kohler-fuel-pumps-2/

• Like 1