Sethd31

First wheel horse purchase.. need some knowledge!

953 nut
18 hours ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

1045 that it was only produced for 3 months in 1964, August, September and October

Bill, I think that is how long it took them to use up the round fenders they had left over from '64 production. The early 953s were built in '62, but they are '63 models; otherwise they would be a 952!

elliot ness

Welcome to red square, where a world of knowledge about these great tractors is at your finger tips, just ask.:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Thanks 1

Sethd31

Spent the morning at the parts store getting everything needed to get the RM-364 deck(aside from the blades that are on the way) operational and everything went smoothly! Even got the old rusty muffler off and mounted a new one. Good day!

20180721_183621.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Sethd31

Does anybody know where I can find replacement R.H. and L.H. 18" mower blades for a RM-364 deck? I cant find anything by the part #'s 4116 and 4117..

pfrederi

You have to buy them as a pair  New number is 8014

deck.JPG

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

posifour11

Looking good. I've always like that style of both of the tire types. 

Sethd31

Just pulled the plug on the transmission and water/sludge shot out! :bow-blue:

Anyone know where I could purchase a new/rebuilt model 5025 uni-drive 3 speed trans before I go ahead and rebuild this one?

Mike'sHorseBarn

Just fill it with fuel oil and run it a bit and then drain it. That will clean it out, and then you can evaluate it. Don't rush into an expensive rebuild right away. The one you have is probably fine.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sethd31
6 minutes ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Just fill it with fuel oil and run it a bit and then drain it. That will clean it out, and then you can evaluate it. Don't rush into an expensive rebuild right away. The one you have is probably fine.  

It does shift smoothly and run well. But I do need to replace the oil seals on the axles because they leak whenever I run it. Also it had a lot of water in it would that be from the case gasket? I have little hands on experience with transmissions

Mike'sHorseBarn

If it leaks then it probably needs split and inspected. It got water in it because it needs a shifter boot. The one on it is probably cracked or missing. The transmissions aren't terribly difficult. I'll attach a rebuild thread below.

Here is a good source for rebuild kits.

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/transmissions.html#!/Base-Kit-1/p/85721183/category=23548039

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

They look difficult, but if you read the @stevasaurus thread and watch his couple YouTube videos... you’ll be a transmission pro before you know it!

• Excellent 1