Stormin

DOH!

squonk

All of this can't be any worse than forgetting to crimp one side of a Pro Press ball valve on a  1 1/2" DHW line and opening the valve on a ladder 20 feet in the air.:) I did it today! :occasion-xmas:

• Confused 2

953 nut
36 minutes ago, squonk said:

Pro Press ball valve on a  1 1/2" DHW line

Please provide a little more information for those of us who don't do your job and don't use your jargon. 

Image result for jargon

squonk

It's a ball valve that is crimped on to a water line instead of soldered. DHW = Domestic Hot Water

• Thanks 1

ericj
3 hours ago, squonk said:

All of this can't be any worse than forgetting to crimp one side of a Pro Press ball valve on a  1 1/2" DHW line and opening the valve on a ladder 20 feet in the air.:) I did it today! :occasion-xmas:

how did that turn out for you, hopefully you figured it out as soon as you tried to turn the water back on. I've seen unfastened connections hold up for litterly years. once heard of a 4 ,or 6 copper main water line that wasn't soldered in and didn't leak for years, till it did leak

eric j

ps; like I was told by my parents I believe, hast makes waste

squonk

It blew as soon as I got off the ladder I didn't crimp it because I wanted to make sure I had all of my pipes aligned first as we were splicing in a new section. Forgot to crimp it later. Water everywhere! :hide:

TDF5G

Been there, done that.

Homer_doh-1-.png