Stormin

DOH!

Achto

Hate to say it, but I've been there my self.:D

• Like 4

daveoman1966

You are NOT the 1st to lay claim to this discovery.  Trust me...you're not.  It is great though to be able to laugh at oneself.

• Like 5

Daddy Don

Me too

• Like 3

SALTYWRIGHT

IT IS PART OF THE GAME.

• Like 4

Cvans

Yep done that one before. Kill switches are just as bad. 

• Like 2

pfrederi

I will not admit how many times I have done that....

• Like 3

oldredrider

I've never done that, but EVERYBODY I know has!!! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

BOB ELLISON

Been there done that.

But i was trying to forget it and you just had to bring it up again.  Thanks pal

• Haha 5

Digger 66

You aren't the only one amigo .

One time I took roughly a third of my four wheeler apart due to a turn over but no fire condition .

Checked fuses 

Battery / terminals 

Fuses / relays

Removed key switch cleaned with contact cleaner / air

Tore the front half of the bike apart to get at the ignition module & ECU 

Then I figured I'd check the kill switch  .... anyone want to take a guess what happened next ? .....hgPQtK5.gif

Edited by Digger 66
  • Haha 4

daveoman1966

8 or 9 years ago I had an 89 Jimmy 4x4 that had an anti-theft ignition cut-out switch, which was a PLUNGER mounted to the bottom edge of the dash panel, just above your right knee.  Push UP...cuts all power from battery.  Pull DOWN to operate normally.  I did NOT know it was there, even after owning it for many years (bought it used).  I had driven to the beach, peeled off jeans, put on swim trunks and....apparently...bumped the plunger UP when changing.  Of course, when leaving the beach, it would not do anything...as if someone had stolen the battery.  I looked for an hour or so to figure it out, then called a wrecker service to flat-bed the Jimmy to a garage.  Well, as I was fumbling around looking at fuses and such...before the wrecker got there..., I noticed this stupid little plunger thingy....and PULLED on it.  PRESTO...BINGO....we got POWER...  Started it up and fled...before the wrecker could charge me $150 or so. 

Just one of those stupid days, I guess.            

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Marv

Guilty! :ROTF:This is what I did after I called the guy who did it  DA.

Marv

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

rjg854

Somewhat the same kind of thing, I rewired my 16 Automatic and to make the job easier I pulled the gas tank.  With the wiring finished I installed the tank and just couldn't figure out why the dang thing just wouldn't start.  I checked everything I could think of,  checking the wiring over and over. I know its right. 

Oh now I remember I emptied the gas tank to pull it. If you put gas back in the tank it would probably start a whole lot better. :angry-banghead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Chris G

I'm guilty as well, on more then one occasion

• Like 2

roadapples

If you knew how many times I pulled on my chainsaw with the switch off.....:bitch:

Edited by roadapples
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

dells68
4 hours ago, oldredrider said:

I've never done that, but EVERYBODY I know has!!! :D

So, your nose is gonna be longer next time I see you?  Me, never done that - especially not at the big show😂.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

SylvanLakeWH

Fuel shut-off?...Fuel?...What...Dad does all that "stuff"...   Oh, I was dreaming of my kid's worldview...

Back to reality - Been there done that on a "few" occasions...

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
8 hours ago, roadapples said:

If you knew how many times I pulled on my chainsaw with the switch off.....:bitch:

UHM...I did that yesterday...!!!

:hide:

• Haha 2

Pullstart

I got me a nice running Tecky powered 656 at the big show because it “needed carb work”.... or a splash of fuel in the tank.  I dragged it to the truck with the previous owner’s help, fueled it up, pulled the rope and vroom I got a steal of a deal!  Good runner for a non-runner price!

646CB145-576A-49BD-80D1-E21353F78E39.jpeg

• Like 7

Mike'sHorseBarn

I've done that more than once and every time I do, I step back, shake my head, smile and say you idiot lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

PeacemakerJack

Last year at JC PDII, there were so many tractor malfunctions that we were “looking for a snake under every rock”.  Caleb was plowing on the CC100, traditionally a tough and reliable plow tractor.  Anyway, I was watching him struggle on a pass and he motioned to me.  I got there and the tractor was coughing and sputtering. I got on and was trying a variety of things with little to no success—then it died.  We couldn’t get it started, wouldn’t even fire! “What’s broken now?!?!” 

As I was looking around on the engine for about five minutes when it dawned on me to check the tank—OUT OF FUEL!

:text-blondmoment: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Marv
21 hours ago, roadapples said:

Me too.

marv

AMC RULES
13 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Last year at JC PDII, there were so many tractor malfunctions that we were “looking for a snake under every rock”.  Caleb was plowing on the CC100, traditionally a tough and reliable plow tractor.  Anyway, I was watching him struggle on a pass and he motioned to me.  I got there and the tractor was coughing and sputtering. I got on and was trying a variety of things with little to no success—then it died.  We couldn’t get it started, wouldn’t even fire! “What’s broken now?!?!” 

As I was looking around on the engine for about five minutes when it dawned on me to check the tank—OUT OF FUEL!

:text-blondmoment: 

Ditto!  :confusion-shrug:

Did it tonight. 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Haha 1