Danedg

Log splitter/ generator

Danedg

So how do I run some other machines offn' the PTO on my B80?

• Excellent 1

johnnymag3

there are many ways Dan, all you need is the implement, and the brackets to operate, and they run off that 2 groove pulley running the mower deck. There are two grooves on the PTO for two speeds.....mower inner groove, snowblower outer groove....( Example )

John.....How is the B-80? I miss it !!!!

• Like 2

johnnymag3

Wheel Horse made a ton of implements, and used the same design forever because it worked perfectly !!

• Like 2

wallfish

Log splitter

http://www.thestickler.com/

Probably the easiest way with some added ballast so it doesn't take off on you.

Or a completely separate splitter with a pulley on the hydraulic pump. Run a belt from the tractor PTO pulley to the splitter.

Use the search feature in the upper right corner for searching "log splitter". Companies made a stickler type attachment which fit on the front of the tractor

Generator head

https://www.harborfreight.com/10000-watts-max-7200-watts-rated-belt-driven-generator-head-45416.html

An 8hp engine is kind of small for this gen head but look around for other smaller ones. general rule of thumb is 2hp for each 1000 watts.

Use the search feature in the upper right hand corner and search for wheel horse generator. You can find some threads with pics for the Wheel Horse factory version. 5000w I believe

• Like 2

prondzy

20170625_171455.jpg.8e229826275060792c68089da49dad1f.jpg

Walhonding520

I did not know you could by a generator set up like that.  It would be easy to weld up a frame for it to attach to the front tach.  

I have been looking around for a used log splitter that's cheap enough and the only thing that doesn't work is the engine.  I think I could take the hydro pump off and make a mount for it on the front tach as well and just run it with a belt.  Most log splitters do not have as much HP as my 20hp 520 so I think it would be pretty simple.  Haven't found the splitter yet though.  Just and idea.