Wheelhorse1056

Wheel horse 1056 won’t idle up

Wheelhorse1056

My 1056 wheel horse won’t idle up I just Put a new battery in it and new gas my papaw said that if we changed ignition key switches that would help  what should I do

pfrederi

Doubt ignition switch has anything to do with it.  How long was it sitting before new gas and battery??  i suspect new gas moved some crud inside the carb and is blocking a passage.  Sounds like a carb cleaning is in order.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Achto

:text-yeahthat: If that doesn't do the trick, try changing the condenser. A bad condenser will often allow the engine to run at low RPMs but not at high RPMs.

:WRS:

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

When a :wh: has been sitting around for a few years I begin by removing all old fuel components, fuel line, filter, pump and carburetor. rebuild the carb. and clean the pump internals, replace the filter and lines. Use only ethanol free gas https://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/map.jsp?statecode=WV and add some Seafoam gas additive for good measure. Next install a new spark plug and clean the points (pull a dollar bill through the contacts a few times).

Doing these things first will generally solve the problem. Let us know how you do.

• Like 3

my new toy

Sounds like a definite fuel problem The first thing, is to try to run some sea foam in fresh gas and let it run a while it may clear out any lacquer built up. if that doesn't work and you are able to take the carb apart, first remove the fuel bowl see if there is any debris or water in it, Check the float adjustment, be sure there isn't any gas in the float. Remove the float and jet and any other jets( count the turns in till it is gently seated so you will be able to seat the jet again and turn it out the same amount of turns, don't screw it in tight or u will ruin the jet . I use carb cleaner in all the ports and passage holes in the carb. i use compressed air to blow out ports,

Be sure not to blow out the main jet seat unless you are going to change it, always the air into the main jet from the inside of the carb. when installing the carb back on be sure all the gaskets are good or replace them, If it has been laying for a long time clean out the gas tank and be sure lines are clear. If you have a fuel pump take the line off the carb and place it in a can, then turn the engine over make sure it is pumping enough gas out. FYI - I always use sea foam mixed in my fuel for all my engines including my cars it keeps them running smooth. I hope i was some help to you Please let me know how you make out Thanks & Good Luck