TC10284

42" SD Deck Replacement Spindle Assembly

TC10284

I have a few 42" side discharge decks that I am working on rebuilding. I don't have the model numbers for each, but I can get them if needed. They are Attach-A-Matic decks. 

I'm in need of some replacement spindle assemblies. The ones I've found that are genuine Toro are $130 to $160 each. Does anyone know of a replacement that isn't quite as costly? 

Racinbob

Typically you can just replace the bearings. I replaced all 6 of them on my 48" for about $30.00 :)

TC10284
28 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Typically you can just replace the bearings. I replaced all 6 of them on my 48" for about $30.00 :)

I wish that was all. The threaded bolt holes in the bottom side of the assembly housing are eaten away from years of grass and not taking care of it. And some have other problems. 

Racinbob

Not good. You should be able to find some serviceable used ones. There was a ton of them at the big show. :)

• Like 1

Goldnboy

Mine have the same issue and are DD too.

Below us my fix.

I coated the mounting bolts with silicone and placed in the eaten away holes, mixed up several batches of Jb weld and remolded the housing with Jb weld. I used the silicone on the bolts because the jb weld will not adhere to it. I also used some vinyl floor mats to help make the circular shape of the spindle housing since jb weld doesn't stick to it either and it peels off perfectly after drying I have been going all summer long on these. Remember you can grind and tap jb weld. The bolts were tight to remove after the jb weld dried  but they retaped easily.

I am still looking for spare  backup spindles though.