Wheelhorse1056

Gas

Wheelhorse1056

What kind of gas dose a 1056 wheel horse use 

BOB ELLISON

Welcome to Redsqure. 

Any Regular gas that you use in your car will work. If you can get non ethanol that's the way to go. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

AND :text-welcomeconfetti:

ebinmaine
50 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

non ethanol ....... that's the way to go

Really try to find that....

• Like 1

55rj35jr

I agree I started using the non ethanol about a year ago and what a difference all of my tractors started right up this spring with no problems,usually i'm cleaning carburetors to get them running, so if its available in your area I highly recommend it. 

953 nut

:WRS:

Don't know what part of WV you are from but you shouldn't have any problem finding a station near you. Here is a map with non-ethanol gas stations on it.

https://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/map.jsp?statecode=WV

• Excellent 1

KC9KAS

@Wheel-horse 1056 :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Ethanol is NOT your friend!

• Like 1

Mows4three

If you get stuck and can't find a gas station that carries it, most marinas will have 90 octane non ethanol fuel and you can even get 110 low lead at small airports.  I run non-ethanol in all my lawn, farm and firewood cutting equipment.  It is WAY better on your equipment.   Stabilizers are not worth the expense in my book if you can find ethanol free fuel.   My two cents worth......                    Cheers!                

JAinVA

Like most here I vote for ethanol free fuel.That is all I use in any machine that is not controlled by a computer.If you can't get it then Stabil ,Seafoam and quick consumption help.

oneroadkingman

I want to that Pure Gas websites and there's a couple people in the St Louis area that were selling it in 5-gallon cans for about $75 I told him no thank you need to find me a gas station closer metal pump it for about 3 something a gallon

cschannuth
4 hours ago, oneroadkingman said:

I want to that Pure Gas websites and there's a couple people in the St Louis area that were selling it in 5-gallon cans for about $75 I told him no thank you need to find me a gas station closer metal pump it for about 3 something a gallon

Let me know if you find something reasonable in the eastern Missouri area. I haven’t had much luck. Instead, I always add Stabyl 360 to my fuel and have had good success. Some of my machines sit for over a year and they always start right up and run well. 

moe1965

I'm not certain but I think boat fuel is ethanol free if you can get your hands on that 

Edited by moe1965
  • Like 1

oneroadkingman

Yeah the only problem is I don't live close enough to a marina well kinda sorta LOL

Sarge

Want proof ethanol destroys carburetors?

20180518_112233.jpg.953cc1b6e6b3a068afabdbd24b844d61.jpg

Sarge

• Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

oneroadkingman

Wow that's pretty corroded for sure

Cvans
2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Want proof ethanol destroys carburetors?

Yep and it doesn't take long to do the damage. I'm all for helping the farmers but this is taking it too far. 

JAinVA

One thing most people don't realize is that unlike pure gasoline ethanol can't be shipped in the existing pipe lines due to their porosity.It has to be shipped by rail or truck.When you add the fuel costs for this mode of transport it makes no sense to use ethanol for fuel.It may help grain farmers but its plain stupid to use more fuel to produce less.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

Wild Bill in VA

WELLLLLLL I can tell what ya' don't wanna  use .......  and I don't like giving this kind of information out BUT.

Years ago I picked up a tractor with a 7 hp Tecumseh and had a hard time getting it to run, I also found out there's was no either or carb cleaner in my garage top use as a "mother's little helper". I saw my neighbor outside and asked him if he had any starting fluid. In a bit he come back with a can of ..... Cox Model Airplane fuel. I thought what the heck. Hitting the starter button and throwing a cap full this fuel right into the carburetor ...... then engine fired up so hard the front end of the tractor jumped off the ground !!! With my hair still standing straight up I then read the ingredients on the back of the can METHAL ALCOHOL AND NITROMETHEANE  .... I then put the can way high up on the shelf all the way in the back.

Wild Bill In Richmond, VA

• Haha 6

Sarge

You can imagine what a quart of that stuff would do to a 3.5hp Briggs push mower engine - wish I had the pics. It ran for about 2 minutes before it ate the oil out of the bottom, then hit such a high rpm it buried the blade in the ground 3". I had modified that old engine just for fun with a much larger carb/intake tube and some valve work, plus ground the head as far as I could get away with - there may still be some parts that haven't returned to Earth yet...no governor spreads parts over a wide area. 

I've had two engines to date get their carburetors eaten by ethanol so badly that the fuel tank emptied itself from leakage at the carb in the garage or shed where they were stored over the winter. It also left a nasty stain on a homeowner's garage floor that will not come out. I hate to be a negative advocate against anything farm related living in the middle of the richest crop-producing area on the planet - but this stuff needs to go.

Sarge

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

clueless

Corn, good on the grill, for making grits, cornbread, and cornmeal for your fried cat fish, even better in a mason jar, for older carbureted engines, not so much :angry-nono:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pat_In_Denver
On 7/16/2018 at 9:34 PM, cschannuth said:

Let me know if you find something reasonable in the eastern Missouri area. I haven’t had much luck. Instead, I always add Stabyl 360 to my fuel and have had good success. Some of my machines sit for over a year and they always start right up and run well. 

Many small airports carry 100LL or 110LL (LL=Low Lead) that is ethanol free, they just don't advertise that they sell to the public (my pilot friends tell me that most will sell to public, you just have to ask).  I just bought 12 gallons for $57 in Longmont, CO.  Not quite $3 a gallon, but nowhere close to the $15 someone was asking.....

Added bonus, since most of the older engines don't have hardened valve seats and guides, the small amounts of lead really helps minimize ware and tare.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

posifour11
1 hour ago, clueless said:

Corn, good on the grill, for making grits, cornbread, and cornmeal for your fried cat fish, even better in a mason jar, for older carbureted engines, not so much :angry-nono:.

Definitely!!

Also, It's been too long since I've had the Mason jar type. The last time I tasted good Mason jar type was probably ten years ago when my army boss came back from his leave and had a jar box. I was the only other that knew what it was. We (our entire group of mechanics) never got in trouble because his dad made "happy" moonshine. Even the guys we knew were bad drunks were the best and nicest people ever. It was great. 

Edited by posifour11

Cvans
10 hours ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

Cox Model Airplane fuel. METHAL ALCOHOL AND NITROMETHEANE

25% nitro if I remember correctly. 

oliver2-44

Recently had a few sips of that mason jar stuff, clear and peach flavored. Excellent stuff..:no:Sure is easy to get off topic around here

• Haha 1