chucksterock

Tiller drive belt and idlers

chucksterock

I picked up a 36 inch tiller that I want to hang off of my 520-8.  I've had it on the tractor but the belt that came with it is too short.  It measured about 138 and a half inches around the perimeter using a tape measure so not necessarily high accuracy.  What size belt should I get?  

The idler on the tiller and the idlers on the mid-mount have grindy bearings.  It doesn't look like the bearings are replaceable, are they?  What's a good source for these?

doc724

I think the belt length is 140.5 or 141.5.  Buy a WH belt.  you can get the P/N from the IPL which I am sure is available in the manuals section.  Idler bearings are not replaceable.  You can buy new idlers from a variety of on line retailers, Jacks Small Engine or Mowpart to name two.  Again, download the IPL for the tiller and you will be all set.

daveoman1966

Go tho this website for the belt # 110265...(it is 141" long x 1/2 ) and the 3 idler pulleys in question.  They are all available and these are the best prices I've seen for OEM parts.

http://www.psep1.biz/arinet.asp?aribrand=TO#/Toro_Consumer/07-36TL03%2c_36"_Tiller%2c_1985/TILLER-36_IN._(92_CM)_VEHICLE_IDENTIFICATION_NUMBER_07-36TL03/07-36TL03-433-1985/810370R2-70R20003-0002

Edited by daveoman1966

chucksterock

Thanks for the info and the link, much appreciated.