don 76 wheel horse

I found a wheel horse two wheel trailer. Anyone have any info about it. Don

wheel horse yard cart 1.jpg

wheel horse yard cart 2.jpg

wheel horse yard cart 3.jpg

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:

These dump trailers were made from the mid '60s to the mid '70s and are very popular.

Wild Bill in VA

Don,

The Wheel Horse dump cart LTD-244 you have came out in 1964, the previous model the LTD-243 was welded sheet steel type with no rounded edges. The LTD-244 you have was made some time during 1965 or later, you can tell this by the data  plate that is missing on the front of your cart but left a imprint as Wheel Horse started to use the metal data plate in 1965. In 1964 was the last year Wheel Horse used a decal with the serial number. If my eyes are seeing correctly you have the red axle hub caps, if so then your LTD-244 was made after 1968 of when Wheel Horse came out with the red cap with wheel and horse logo on them. Wheel Horse used both the LTD-244 dump cart or a snow plow blade as a incentive give away to purchase a tractor. You have a dump cart in good shape, take a look on the back edge for lip on the rail. This lip is to help you dump a load of dirt when backing up the cart because the lip will dig into the ground and help tip the cart.

Wild Bill in Richmond, VA

Edited by Wild Bill in VA
  • Excellent 2

AMC RULES

:WRS: Don, cool little :wh: cart you've found there.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:  Might you have any info to share on this earlier version, square backed cart to share with us Bill?  :text-thankyoublue:

IMG_0077.JPG.ce27dc208e23be98a7559e826cc024fc.JPG

Wild Bill in VA

OK Craig now your keeping me from bed time ..... but for you ok.

Wheel Horse did make two other sheet metal carts, I believe the first one had a "U" shaped tube that supported the bottom of the cart and connected to the axle and sold with the 1955 to 1957 Ride Away series. The second type used the bar stock for support which is the one you pictured, it should also have a lift up tail gate (easy to make). The 1958 dump cart also had the same frame but had a slanted back. The sheet metal 1962 LTD -242 used a "T" type frame support and the same for the LTD-243.

Wild Bill in Richmond, VA

• Excellent 3

Slempm

Can y’all help me with my cart? I just picked this up today in Williamsburg, VA for $35. 

2BB41582-2DFA-4A79-964D-2F3ED274F669.jpeg

BA240264-1366-4901-86D4-9A6B89E40070.jpeg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

Will guess this is the one you have. An early 1964 model. Click on the picture in the link.

Garry