farmer

Loading Shovel

Sarge

Nice work - got any pics from the underside of the frame setup?

Sarge

• Thanks 1

farmer

Hi Sarge,  :handgestures-salute:

there are some pictures of the subframe in the build thread. :thumbs2:

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

It's a hybrid!!

Super  Pooper. Scooper!

extremly impressed! Great work!

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 2

Chris G

I watched that build and it was very well done on your part. Very awesome machine you fabricated and looks really good as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sparky

Damn incredible that is!!

For show? Or will it get dirty?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BOB ELLISON

That is one of the best conversations on a tractor I've ever seen. Plus it even more stable like that then a d200 with a loader on the front.

Great job Farmer 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Cvans

Beautiful craftsmanship. Really impressive!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

farmer

Thanks chaps for your nice comments, to answer your question Sparky it’s definitely for work! 

I have a lot of horse poop stacked by our stables that I loaded by hand once, never again!  Straight after that experience I started planning  my loader,  :o I’ve got a fair sized garden and I’m not getting younger so I see a very useful future for it.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

meadowfield

Fantastic work!  it was well worth the wait...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher

Farmer. Well done. It turns like a fork lift. Make sense that way put the load up front. Enjoy the tractor. Or would you call it that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

posifour11

@farmer does it have power steering, too?

DennisThornton

With most all of the weight on the rear, or the now front, or the 12" rims, or under the bucket or whatever I should refer to now, I don't think it needs power steering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

farmer

:text-yeahthat: Regarding power steering. :icecream:

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I find the more I look at it the more I like it!  Could we get some photos of the owner/builder and it in use? 

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Here's another thread that might be of interest to the followers here. 

No where as involved or as interesting but worth a look. 

• Like 1

farmer

:text-goodpost:

That was interesting Dennis, with electric winches that Simplicity/Allis unit looks achievable. (thank goodness I don’t need a forklift)        :teasing-poke: :no: :)

• Haha 2

mmmmmdonuts

Wow. Fantastic job. Looks terrific.:woohoo:

• Thanks 1

elliot ness

Sweet mother of everything great, that is just fantastic.

• Thanks 1

johnnymag3

An amazing accomplishment

• Thanks 1

DennisThornton

Now that you've had a chance to use her, what are your thoughts? What are you even more thrilled with?  What might you do differently? 

• Like 1

71_Bronco

Now that is sweet.

Just curious, any concerns about having too much weight on the now-front, and the now-rear-steering wheels not having enough weight on them to maneuver?

• Like 1

Goldnboy

Back in the 80's these were made on a larger platform for farm use by Versatile mfg then Ford NH with 90Hp called a bidirectional used one before at a feed lot for loading silage. They never were a big seller and were tough to resell and difficult to maintain.

• Like 1

Pullstart
16 minutes ago, Goldnboy said:

Back in the 80's these were made on a larger platform for farm use by Versatile mfg then Ford NH with 90Hp called a bidirectional used one before at a feed lot for loading silage. They never were a big seller and were tough to resell and difficult to maintain.

I bet this one has zero resale value.  It was custom built for a purpose and my guess is that it will be on @farmer‘s farm as long as farmer farms!

• Haha 1

farmer

How do all, l made a short video awhile back but for some reason (me I suspect) it wouldn’t load. I will try again soon or maybe use YouTube whichever works. There is one major disadvantage to my design and one little ‘niggle’ that I’m going to have to live with. 

The niggle is the hyro over runs, I’m having to squeeze down on the backwards pedal to slow down going  forwards and vice versa when in reverse, I’ve got the hang of it but it’s not perfect by any means. 

The major disadvantage is unless your lifting or crowding  as you load the bucket, you break traction and spin the wheel. This isn’t a problem most of the time as I’m loading dung off a concrete floor and can keep the driving wheels loaded down. 

But say you wanted to grade a surface you would struggle to stop the wheels from spinning, in that type of situation a tractor loader would be much better tool. 

But for my needs it fits the bill, one other thing, I’m really surprised how heavy the steering is with or without a loaded bucket, the seating position and oil tank all add up I suppose. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4