Tractor boy

The joy of cut safety switchs!

Tractor boy

So the 312-8 that I’ve been working on has a butchered harness. The tail lights are broken. The front ones are completely gone. And as the title states all but one switch is cut. Both fuses are going to get properly replaced. As for now I have a 20 and a 30 amp fuse in the slots. There should be a 15 and a 30 amp in the slots. According to the ampmeter on the tractor it is pulling a little bit over 12 Amps on the gauge. Haven’t checked when running. Besides these, as I dig deeper I find a lot of small stuff such as wirenuts holding stuff together, way too short connections and the infamous cut switch’s. I guess the whole  reason of this post is these questions. 

1. Can someone with another 312-8 take and post a pic of “test” switch as the leads on mine are disconnected and I’m not sure how to reattach them. 

2. I’m assuming the seat switch is routers up through the pan through the hole for the tranie dipstick? 

3. Finally any one know where I can get this part number for cheap?

Part number- 111332. 

Thanks -Tractorboy 

gwest_ca

There is some service info in a parts manual for the 1986 models that has not shown up for other models and years.

Click on the picture

On the page that comes up go down to Section 18 and page 77. I added a description of what is on that page. Go to Download and get that page.

The 111332 switch is still available from Toro. Have a local dealer?

https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/parts/111332/

Here is some info on that switch. Click on the picture

Garry

Tractor boy

Thank you. I’ll probably pick up it up tomorrow. Well the toying around this afternoon got a result. The parking brake switch light now works on the test panel. @gwest_ca thank you for the diagram, it is coming in handy. Perhaps you could answer these two questions for me. 

1. Is there supposed to be a wire going from the key switch directly to the battery?

2. Perhaps you would know the location of the pto and neutral switchs? I have looked all over the tractor and can’t locate them. Many thanks, Tractorboy 

gwest_ca
56 minutes ago, Tractor boy said:

1. Is there supposed to be a wire going from the key switch directly to the battery?

The power wire to the ignition switch is connected to the battery (+) side of the starter solenoid. Goes to a fuse and then to the switch.

59 minutes ago, Tractor boy said:

2. Perhaps you would know the location of the pto and neutral switches? I have looked all over the tractor and can’t locate them. Many thanks, Tractorboy 

The pto switches are at the right end of the battery. Should be two of them stacked together. One for the ignition and one for the starter. Left and right always from the operator's position.

The clutch pedal switch is below the panel around the shift levers on the right side. It is activated by the belt idler pulley arm.

This is a 1986 model? These diagrams simplify the wiring. Each major circuit has it's own diagram.

Garry

gwest_ca

This is what the clutch pedal switch looks like. Click on the picture.

Garry

gwest_ca

Your tractor should have a voltmeter so a bit over 12 volts is normal when not running. Should go to about 14.4 volts engine running if the battery is charged up.

Garry

Tractor boy

Garry, this was on the right side of the battery with the three wires running to it. Should there just be the three or should there be six wires running to it? And I’m assuming this is the clutch petal switch you were referring to?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Tractor boy said:

Garry, this was on the right side of the battery with the three wires running to it. Should there just be the three or should there be six wires running to it? And I’m assuming this is the clutch petal switch you were referring to?

Your second pic is of the PTO engaged/safety switch yes only 3 wires, the 3rd pic is the clutch safety switch IDK how many wires there, if you haven't already downloaded the demystification guide I suggest you do it will have ALL the wiring diagrams/schematics and trouble shooting suggestions, Jeff.