Spoman

Loader oil squirt

Spoman

Awhile back I had to change a couple of hoses on the front loader for our d-200.  Just recently, I went to use the loader again and oil squirted out of the hole in the breather cap across the tractor.  It did this a few times when I moved the loader through various positions.  Any idea what's going on?  On a related note, anyone know where I can a service manual for said front loader?

Edited by Spoman
  • Like 1

wallfish

:WRS:

The oil level is over filled. Oil should not be reaching that high to the breather cap.

The oil level is at the highest when all rams are retracted all the way, it will be at a lower level when they are all extended.

The difference in the oil level is from the volume of space of the rods. They take up space when going inside of the cylinders, = higher reservoir level. And then allow that volume of space to be filled with oil when they are extended out of the cylinder = lower reservoir level.

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

roadapples

Yup, John is right... Been there done that...:bitch:

• Like 1

Digger 66
2 hours ago, wallfish said:

:WRS:

X-2 ^^

Welcome to the board !

• Like 1

Wild Bill in VA

OK lets start back at square one.

You said you changed some hoses ...... was this one hose at a time replaced where as you would not get the connecting ends crossed ?

The hoses were replaced maybe because they were coming apart internally ? Possible pieces of broken hose are still in the system causing a blockage.

How did the ram cylinders work, was there a direction of the control valve that rams did not work ? Trace back the hoses and check. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE BUCKET LIFTED HIGH UP IF REMOVING A HOSE AND MAKE SURE IT IS SUPPORTED !

Like noted from the other members either the fluid level is too high ....... or cross hoses or debris is blocking a hose or control valve.

Wild Bill in Richmond, VA

Spoman

A hose had burst spraying oil everywhere, but mainly on me.  :unsure: I replaced it and the one next to it because it looked bad too.