Docwheelhorse

My friends push mower wouldnt start / runs crummy / cuts crummy

Docwheelhorse

12 year old Craftsman with Briggs 6.5... original oil, original blade, original plug, original air filter.

I tuned it up and gave it a cleaning and the Briggs fired up and thanked me.

Lol... check this out

My friend Tim Norton use to call this "over maintenance..."

Tony

20180711_182301.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

ebinmaine

I can still tell at the base that that is an air filter so I don't know what your problem is...:ROTF:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

The problem is that the crud was not uniform across the entire filter...Couple more years and it would have evened right out...

Actually - 12 years with all original? Makins' of a TV commercial for Briggs if you ask me...

• Haha 1

ebinmaine

Makes me feel good about the one going on my Honey's tracta.

Sarge

I can't count the number of push mowers that have been dropped off here that was in that condition. Most times their owner just went and bought another new one, only to find out the newer model was a piece of junk. I just fixed a late 70's Simplicity up for a friend, he's finally learned that the older models were built better, albeit quite a bit heavier - that one always starts on the first pull and uses far less fuel while having a lot more power than today's overrated engines. Around the neighborhood there's a running joke about the older lady that lives diagonally from us - she can kill any small engine in less than 1yr, without even trying.

Sarge