WHX??

Possible 953 Score

WHX??

Was offered this gem by a guy who I had just bought a 1277 & 1077 from. Asking the princely sum of 150 ...countered 100 and he accepted. Since I know jack squat about a 953 what am I looking at here @953 nut and othe 953 pros? Was told it runs but wil not go into gear. No probem for a benny I am thinkin? Note the HY and orginal headlights. Due to logistics I may not see it for a bit but previvous dealings with seller went very well. Anyone see something I am ingnorant about?

Resized952018070895130452954323.jpg

Resized952018070895124206957159.jpg

Resized952018070895124212953993.jpg

Resized952018070895124220958515.jpg

Resized952018070895124231951318.jpg

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 6

TravelinJavelin

you did good .......there's a lot of good parts there if you decide otherwise the trannys are the good bad and the ugly sometimes.........but when they claim not going into gear is that when it is running or not?  alot of folks don't realize the belt guard plays a vital role on that situation believe it or not you got to able to press the clutch with out the belt spinning the rear drive pulley or it never go in proper and i think this is how alot of trannys on this tractor took a beating of ignorance......at some point when mine finally gives out i'm going t o figuire a way on how to mate a 8spd tranny to it  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shynon

nice score, looks like it could be brought back to life. Looks like it has an incorrect drive pulley, that may take awhile to find.

• Like 3

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                      You done GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!        The headlights look like it is a first generation 953.   Do you know what the serial number is?     That is a wonderful find and if you want to double your money just say the word!    :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19richie66

Looks better than the 1054 I just got for the same amount and I’m not complaining here at all. Mine is missing some stuff that yours has though. Looks like a solid project WHX?  :thumbs:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

Achto
7 hours ago, WHX20 said:

Anyone see something I am ingnorant about?

Looks like it's being housed on the wrong property. I don't recognize any of those buildings as being yours.:lol: Let me know when your ready to go get it, I'm up for a road trip.

• Excellent 3
  • Haha 2

prondzy

Jim, it looks like a great tractor, but if it doesnt pan out you could definately part it and get your money back and then some, btw i sure like that grill :teasing-poke:

Edited by prondzy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19richie66

Definitely worth it’s weight in parts. That grille setup alone would sell for that much. Too nice to part out though. Would make a cool plow rig like @PeacemakerJack‘s dad has with Clyde. It has that very rare third brake light option too. :thumbs:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

WHX?  :thumbs:

Anyone know the code for the infinity sign?  Jim’s gonna need that some day!

• Haha 4

Achto
30 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Anyone know the code for the infinity sign?  Jim’s gonna need that some day!

Soon he'll have to trade the Dodge & 14' enclosed in on one of these.

26341-mod.jpg.733979cc7fc9685c20c44858ebb32f12.jpg

Two layers of :wh:'s & a nice place to sleep while at shows. :teasing-poke::D

• Excellent 3
  • Haha 3

19richie66

Lot of flat area to put “Team Wheel Horse” on the side of. Definitely would keep Terry busy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

Oh Boy!!! Looks like Jim is joining the “Big Wheel Club”. That thing definitely has potential and I’m glad you are able to pick it up for a C-note!  I’m with Dan, “when’s the road trip?”:rolleyes:

I’m digging that Hauler Dan—if I sold my house and property, I might be able to afford the truck!  :scared-eek:

• Like 4

WHX??

Thanks fellas.. Truth be told my first thought was flipping or parts tractor. Will have to see once we get her home. Guy says it's in Sturgeon Bay which is an 8hr round trip ticket for me but seller is going to try and get it a little closer. I'll ask the guy if he happened to get the serial Richard. Where is the tag located on a 953?

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 3

953 nut
8 hours ago, WHX20 said:

Where is the tag located on a 953?

The decal on the steering tower has a shift pattern and serial number.