:handgestures-thumbsup: That ol' :wh:...

couldn't be in better hands. 

• Like 2

Nice save!

• Like 2

Nice! Great work!

D011392A-AC99-45CE-A026-78D9C5A6629F.jpeg.835c92480fda7078510f582e7eca693c.jpeg

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic !!!

• Like 1

@Rob R  that is a great save!  Most would’ve considered that a lost cause but you resurrected and saved another classic piece of :wh: history.  I’m really impressed by the fact that it was apart and missing so much and yet with determination you got it back together and running! :text-bravo:

• Like 2

If the Freee Wheeling Valve is stuck, just take it out completely and clean it up.  pics here:

220 026.JPG

220 030.JPG

223 044.JPG

223 045.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely amazing save! Great job

:text-coolphotos:

I mus say the transformation is fantastic.  I can only imagine how delighted your wife must have been when you first brought it home!  :ychain:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Great job.Real nice GT-14.Goes to show ya.Almost any Horse can be saved.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:09 PM, daveoman1966 said:

If the Freee Wheeling Valve is stuck, just take it out completely and clean it up.  pics here:

220 026.JPG

220 030.JPG

223 044.JPG

223 045.JPG

Okay Dave will give that a try in a bit since you made it look doable..... thanks much! 

Sooo I finally got back to this task inspired by Daveoman and of Course Stevebo who challenged me to bring the "Old Girl" to  his gathering this fall...… I put a 1" socket over the nut (I just had a small operation pin on the valve and I ground it down a bit to enable me to get the socket on)….. anyho after 5 mins with a impact hammer the nut finally loosened-up but the valve is still stuck at tight as King Arthurs sword...… have been soaking it with Kroll on and off all afternoon nothing yet..... afraid to put any heat to it due to the close proximity of the hydraulic hoses and of course the seals in the valve and hydro itself..... any other idea's    Thanks 

Edited by Rob R

fantastic job and a nice save, truly incredible resolve you've shown there :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Here's a quick video of the running machine

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

:text-woo:

:text-woo:

• Like 1

@Rob R You sure had your work cut out for you and you did an awesome job with the GT-14!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Exceptional restoration! Absolutely outstanding. thumbup.gif.66d26ef26f326d5af642917bb4f1bed7.gif

Unsolicited advice from a 39 year owner of a first year, (1969), model 1-7441 GT 14.

I see from your pics you had the right side belt cover in the pile disassembled parts pic.

For the sake of your right calf and thigh, not to mention the hydro drive belt life.......get that belt guard finished and installed ASAP.

If you don't, let me know what happens down the line.......hopefully not.

FYI.

Great job so far!

Kudos!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ztnoo said:

Exceptional restoration! Absolutely outstanding. thumbup.gif.66d26ef26f326d5af642917bb4f1bed7.gif

Unsolicited advice from a 39 year owner of a first year, (1969), model 1-7441 GT 14.

I see from your pics you had the right side belt cover in the pile disassembled parts pic.

For the sake of your right calf and thigh, not to mention the hydro drive belt life.......get that belt guard finished and installed ASAP.

If you don't, let me know what happens down the line.......hopefully not.

FYI.

Great job so far!

Kudos!

Regards,

Steve

No worries the belt guard is ON, only "not on" for the initial test drive, appreciate all the input..... to be honest my personal best achievement was fabing ALL the wiring and not having a single issue. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Heck of a transformation! Nice work :wh:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Nice job Rob, but pardon my ignorance here... What's the reference to Tobacco Road mean?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

Nice job Rob, but pardon my ignorance here... What's the reference to Tobacco Road mean?

It is my reference to the poor condition of the machine as I found it. 

• Like 2

Rob,

theow som ags on that old girl and being it here for my meet and greet and we will do some pulling👍

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1