Sign in to follow this  
BadDad

800 Special

BadDad

I am starting to rebuild my 800 special. It is a 1971 4 speed, Briggs & Stratton 8hp, Peerless transmission model 1400. The tractor model number is 1-0150-6 serial number is 785580. I have found that it is not like most of the Wheel Horses the frame is different & it has a Peerless transmission. I have the owner

Teddy da Bear

I hope this is some help.

I looked up the tranny....and it was a model 1400 peerless.

The model 1400 was also used in a 1974 A-90 special.

I could not find any other wheel horse that used that tranny.

I wonder if they used the same frame??

Kelly

I see you need the lift arm and parts to go with it, starter gen. belt guard, it's not a complete guard, just covers the belt between the pulleys, air cleaner cover, Tomarrow I will see if my parts tractor has a belt guard, and I'll look for the gas tank, I probably have the lift parts too.

BadDad

Well I did some more today. Kelly I have put up some pictures that i have questions about. The brake lock is different. I don't know if that is the way it is suppose to be or not. I have the lift arm, but am going to need a brake pad. I haven't seen anything to bad so far

IMG_1041%20a.jpg

IMG_1043%20a.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

BadDad

Well I thought I would try the electrolysis cleaning, I spend $14.00 for the tube $ $3.65 for the soap. I used a 20amp power supply. Here are some of the pictures, I don't know what to expect this one piece took 8 hours, is that to long?

IMG_1065%20sm.jpg

IMG_1067%20sm.jpg

IMG_1068%20sm.jpg

IMG_1084%20sm.jpg

IMG_1085%20sm.jpg

IMG_1086%20sm.jpg

If you see something that I have done wrong please let me know. Thank you Donnie

past7971

Looks like your doing good Donnie :thumbs: Just take your time and dont make any rush-decisions you might regret. The parking brake set-up is original. I have a 800 Special and the 800 Automatic and they are kind of the "oddballs" of the family with their Briggs engine, unique frames, different rearends, and hardware/linkages not normally found on the other models.

Rod(NASNUT)

I was thinking about the electrolysis it looks like it cleaned it up nice :thumbs: 8 Hr. is not that bad looks like it took the paint and all.

Kelly

Sorry I havn't been keeping up on reading all the post, yes as already stated the brake looks right, I still need to look for those parts for you :thumbs: I was out there the other night and for the life of me couldn't remember all the things I was looking for people asked about, I need to make a list, getting old :whistle: and I'm not really

williambogner

Where do you get the electrolysis soap??

WHC-125

Will, you use baking soda. I teaspoon per gallon of water

BadDad

Well I used Arm & Hammer super washing soda. One cup for every 10 gals.

IMG_1052%20%20sm.jpg

HorseFixer

Looking good Dad! :thumbs: not bad for a travlin man! :whistle:

d180man

Hi nice tractor hope to see photos when you done with it ! :thumbs: :whistle:

Esperance

Looking for a plastic dash panel for a '71 800 Special.  Any have ideas where I can find one?

FTS

wallfish

Check with vendor Glen Pettit. He makes some dash plates.

Wildside

I have a 800 special and a A-90 , both Trans. shift fine, neither has engine but everything else is there.