larryk1

417-A Hydraulic Valve leaking

larryk1

My 1985 417-A is leaking fluid from the hydraulic valve .  The leak is right behind the lift lever where the spool sticks out of the housing of the valve. I'm hoping it's just an o-ring issue, since it leaks worse in winter when I'm guessing the o-rings contract. I see that the rebuild kit 109081 is no longer available, nor is the valve 110068. Anyone have experience with this issue? Can I just take the valve apart and size up o-rings? Never had a leak on my 520H and all my other tractors are gear drives. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Larry

gwest_ca

Have you seen this manual? Click on the picture first

I would think a local established hydraulic repair shop could fix you up with seals. That is one industry that has not changed a whole lot over the years and if they have been there for a while they know their stuff.

Garry

• Like 1

larryk1

Thanks Garry! I will take the valve out and apart, then find a shop with seals/orings. Hopefully the housing and spool are OK.

Larry

boovuc

Any hydro shop worth their salt will be able to supply you with orings/gaskets for that spooler. Beware of any that tell you they can't help you!

• Like 1

larryk1

Thanks so much! Sounds like I just need to find a shop. I appreciate the help! Have a Good Day!

Larry