Sign in to follow this  
Ermeg

Deck belt 312A 1987

Ermeg

I blew a belt the other day and am having a hard time finding info for a new one. I’m in a small town and Napa is the only thing around - they got me a belt but because of not knowing how or what to do I can’t get the belt on. It seems like it’s anfew inches short. Following the diagram I got it up to the clutch pulley but not where it will

gonin the grove. I’m a newbie just trying to mow my lawn. Ty in advance for any help you can offer.

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

Original transmission drive belt 108501 - (HB/5L x 81.50" or 5/8" x 81.5")

Aftermarket belts with part inches are very rare so you have to go to the nearest inch.

Gates replacement is 6982 and the same green belt from Napa 5L820W

Garry

Adding

Put the belt on the engine drive pulley behind the pto clutch first and then instal on the transmission pulley. Slip under the belt idler pulley last.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Found some illustrations of the drive belt in this Eaton transmission service manual. The top belt span travels under the flat idler pulley as shown on the manual cover below.

Nothing on the drive belt in this tractor operator manual. Click on the picture below for added info on this model

Garry

pfrederi

I think he is looking for a drive belt for the deck.  If so we need to know what deck you have 36 inch 42 in side or rear discharge  Model number???

gwest_ca

Never even thought about the mower. The 36" and 42" have 3 blades. The 37" has 2 blades.

Garry