pacer

K341oil pan swap

pacer

I have a K341 thats a bit weak, has the deep,odd shaped oil pan --- then I have another K341 in pristine condition with the conventional oil pan. Question being is what is involved in swapping these oil pans - just a direct swap or is the rod oil slinger different or ??? any thing else to do this swap?

MarkS

Do you know why it has the different oil pan on it? I haven't seen the different one, and cant think of what it would do different...

Racinbob

When it comes to Wheel Horses I only know of two different oil pans. One for mounting directly on the frame and one for the wobble mount. They will not interchange on a given block. Also, the pan for the wobble mount holds 1.5 quarts of oil, the frame mount 2. Pictures would tell the story. :)

• Like 1

953 nut

This post will give you all the information you need on the difference between the small block and big block Kohlers.

pacer

My apologies here :angry-nono: - I have read that post of Kellys a couple times on the K series big blocks but ......... well old age I guess, I just never thought of it this time. Thanks for jarring my memory 953nut.

The change I was thinking of is a K341 off a Massey Ferguson with a shaker mount set-up to a K341 off a D160 with a conventional pan - after re-reading Kellys post I'm reconsidering ..........

• Thanks 1