kitkit

Cultivator WH or homemade

kitkit

Got this cultivator  with a  Wheel Horse Disc  but I am not sure if it is homemade or a Wheel Horse item I had never seen . 

102_4466.JPG

102_4473.JPG

102_4475.JPG

102_4467.JPG

102_4461.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

Looks to be a "factory" built piece with all the radiuses in the frame bends plus the shank depth adjustments, might not be :wh: but could be Brinley, Ohio Steel, or Agri-fab...

gwest_ca

Odd that one end is different than the other.

Looks like there was a bar cut off about dead center behind the hitch.

May have had 3 shanks added as the bolts look like socket cap screws. The 5 others appear to be square head set screws. There usually was an odd number of shacks.

Garry

kitkit

Thank you very much for the info , It is well made and heavy duty . I did not understand the right side having the different dimensions than the side that is a rectangle . 

giddyap

Hey Kit, those shanks are almost a perfect match. How about a photo with your recently acquired bottom plow?  You got a really nice set of implements. BTW you and Garry must be related having the same avatars. Kind of confused me lol  

Edited by giddyap

kitkit

Hello, the cultivator is something I just picked up with the disc yesterday . the shanks I got off you are going on a center mount cultivator that I have .  I confuse a lot of people jon,  how is your new one coming .

giddyap
10 hours ago, kitkit said:

Hello, the cultivator is something I just picked up with the disc yesterday . the shanks I got off you are going on a center mount cultivator that I have .  I confuse a lot of people jon,  how is your new one coming .

Kit, I'm happy to have reunited you with the bottom plow. The parts I received were needed to continue my project. It's great that we can help each other when the need arises.  

DSC03236.JPG

kitkit

thank you , my buddy is happy, now he will probably plow up his tv cable line .  looks the project is progressing .  I will have to do some research on what information I have received about this cultivator . I used it yesterday and it did very well  just as it is with no weight . I Wass scratching up some dirt to plant grass .

Lee1977

I think it was modified from a walk behind cultivator. The piece cut off was moved to the left and the angled left side was added. The left side may be made from what was cut off the original hitch

kitkit

Thank you for the info . I appreciate everyone's opinion   I think we all agree it is not a Wheel Horse Option .