Rp.wh

Row crop front ideas

Rp.wh

I am looking to build a row crop front end for my :wh: would like to see pictures and ideas

6833024_2.jpg.ef76641fee175ee3ef9ffc7f1eeeced4.jpg

Edited by Rp.wh
  • Like 2

953 nut

I plan to do one in the future and the support for the front end will be a four lug trailer hub bolted to the frame with a piece of one inch round stock going down to the wheels.

Here are a couple of other methods.

• Like 1

WHX??

@Achto and I  were talking about this at the BS and thought the deck spindle idea would be the way to go. What :wh: do you plan on doing this to?

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 2

Rp.wh
52 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

What :wh: do you plan on doing this to?

I am not sure i want to do it to any of mine i have, i been looking for one 1257 or a round hood would look neat with the round fenders  i dont really want to do it to a decent tractor is the problem

Edited by Rp.wh

953 nut
2 hours ago, Rp.wh said:

dont really want to do it to a decent tractor is the problem

Why, if you use the trailer hub or deck spindle you will be drilling a couple of holes in the frame and making a couple of steering parts. Every bit of it is reversible if you want to go back to stock.

• Like 2

82Caddy

It all depends what your end goal is for the tractor.  If you plan to run any sort of mower deck it gets complicated to get everything to clear belts, pulleys and linkages under the tractor.

I took two front spindles, welded them together, used some round stock and made my own front (round stock slips over the welded spindles to give a spot for the gear to attach).  Ended up using two 4 bolt pillow blocks to attach to the front frame that was extended to clear some mower deck pulleys.  I also went to the option of roller chain and gears  to achieve a gear reduction steering.  It's still not done yet either.  I spent lots of time studying the photos TT posted of his narrow front tractor.

• Like 1

Rp.wh

Thanks guys so far for all the input i would like to use roller chain and gears @82Caddy i been also studying it a while i just want it to look like it is factory with a decent size front tire. @953 nut your right i have never i guess thought about putting it back to normal state if i wanted to :think: @WHX20 youll have to tell me more about this deck pully 

Edited by Rp.wh
  • Like 1

82Caddy

Mine sits level with an 8" front tire and 12" rear tire.  It's also setup to clear a 42" raider style (not sure that's really a thing but it came off a raider 10) mower deck.

Rp.wh

@82Caddy you have any pictures you could share? I really am not looking to mowe with it but i am looking to use as a minimum plow tractor to be different @WHX20 says it wont work in the furrow i want to prove him wrong, and a tractor show cruiser mainly.

Anglo Traction

I don't think Chris alias 'The Showman' has been on for a while, so I'm sure he will not mind me offering this link to his creation which is well worth perusing-

Rowcrop

• Excellent 2

953 nut
6 hours ago, Rp.wh said:

tell me more about this deck pully

The deck spindle is the cast housing that contains bearings and supports the blade and pulley. You would remove the shaft and use a piece of 3/4" round stock in it's place. The flange would bolt to the frame where the front axle is presently. Some trimming would be needed to get it in the axle pivot point.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

jeremi3210

That’s is what I built mine out of. I used 8 inch narrow rims and extended the frame a little out the front for clearance. I hooked it up to the steering wheel with roller chain a bearing and a small u-joint on the shaft. Been using it for almost three year now pretty much daily and never had any problems with it.

• Excellent 1

82Caddy

Mine is all ripped apart right now for final welding and paint prep on the frame. I’ll see if I can find some from when I was mocking everything up. 

• Like 2

Rp.wh
6 hours ago, jeremi3210 said:

That’s is what I built mine out of. I used 8 inch narrow rims and extended the frame a little out the front for clearance. I hooked it up to the steering wheel with roller chain a bearing and a small u-joint on the shaft. Been using it for almost three year now pretty much daily and never had any problems with it.

Can i see some pictures of yours

jeremi3210

I will Try to get some tonight. The one I have is to big to load up.

• Like 1

953 nut

Here is a drawing of the trailer hub pivot point for a narrow front end.

5b3e9ce3e439d_narrowfront..jpg.18919ec1b3c0efafcca275a80c2fb571.jpg

• Like 1