johnnymag3

Any Value ???

johnnymag3

Good Morning guys....and gals

I have the opportunity once again to get a couple items from 2 separate barn finds. I would like to have some opinions on the three items if you dont mind...

*   312 Hydro, 42 inch deck     Good condition, rear wheel weights and front chrome caps, Original everything. Needs Seat, battery, etc.

*   Snowblower   42 - Inch i believe    Complete,  looks to be used very little, Original Paint nice shine

* 655 Non running due to points issue, with perfect deck, needs seat    All Original, Techy engine...Original

312 package is 500.00

655 package is 400.00

Should I waste my time with any of it?

Hope to hear a lot of feedback...........    John

IMG00009.JPG

953 nut

If you are looking for a good mowing machine the 312 sounds like it is well priced. The 655 as a non-running unit is a bit of a gamble, Tecumseh ignition parts are hard to come by and it may be more than just points that are needed.

• Excellent 3

johnnymag3

would the mower deck be desirable from the 655?

Racinbob

I agree with Richard on the 312 especially with the blower. The 'perfect' deck for the 655 would be desirable as they are getting harder to find. :)

• Thanks 2

johnnymag3

the deck is solid as new, but paint is a worn red/brown color....Patina from 1965..!!!  It's complete also

SPINJIM

Depends on whether you want a 'worker' or a 'project' to turn into a collectible.    My money would be on the 312H.   That 12 horse Kohler is one of my favorites.  It has good power, but isn't as loud a the bigger 14 - 16 hp.    Which 12hp Kohler is on the 312,  "K" engine, Magnum, or Command?   Probably the 'K'.    Reasonable price for the 312, especially with the snow blower (if you can use it).

I've had enough frustration with Tecumseh engines, so I tend to avoid them.   I have a 604, and I'm going to switch to a Honda.  

Also, the points on the Tecy are located under the flywheel, so you would have to do some digging to get to them.  The Kohler points are much easier to get to.

Edited by SPINJIM
  • Like 1

clueless

Is it a 312-A or a 312-H, the 312-A has the lighter duty eaton 700, the H had the heavy duty 1100. I had a 1987 312-A , worked great, cutting grass. tilling, and hauling. Don't know about a snow blower, no need down here B). The only thing I didn't like is if it quit running, usually far from the shop, you had to drag it, are lift the rear off the ground and tow it. While my favorite WHs are the mid 70s I think the 312 with the magnum are the best all around WHs made.  

• Like 1

johnnymag3

Its a Magnum,,,,,,and a 312 H

Thanks for the input

John

• Excellent 1

clueless

If it has the Mag and the 1100 hydro with the hydro lift, running with a 42 deck all in good shape, it would sell for more than $500.00 down here. New seat 50.00 new battery 40.00, go get it.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

SPINJIM
37 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

Its a Magnum,,,,,,and a 312 H

Thanks for the input

John

Go get it before it's gone.   I sold a 312-8 without a deck at the Big Show for $475.   The paint was in excellent condition, and had a good seat on it.   The 312 Magnum was always a dependable starter for me, with its Magneto ignition and no points to clean and adjust.    If I were closer, I'd be second in line behind you to buy it.   I sometimes regret selling my 312-8, but I needed the space.   

Good luck,   Jim

Edited by SPINJIM
  • Like 1

johnnymag3

where can I find a seat for 50.00 Jim.

thank, john

johnnymag3

Sorry meant to say thank you. !!!!

SPINJIM

I've had good luck with craigslist, ebay, Tractor Supply (when they have a sale), or Northern Tool.  I think Northern Tool is having a holiday sale right now.  Might just have to wait for the right deal.   Just make sure that the mounting holes are spaced correctly.

Jim

Edited by SPINJIM
  • Like 1

Tractor boy

Same as everyone else. Buy the 312. Even if you don’t need the blower you might be able to put some money towards parts by selling it to another member here that needs it! -Tractorboy 

johnnymag3

ok, sounds good....is there anyone here that may need or want a really nice Snowblower? I can get the info Saturday, with regards to the id numbers

John

Paul Van Benschoten
On 7/4/2018 at 9:25 AM, johnnymag3 said:

ok, sounds good....is there anyone here that may need or want a really nice Snowblower? I can get the info Saturday, with regards to the id numbers

John

I am interested in a snow blower for my 520H.

Is it ok to have this kind of discussion on the forum, or should it be done in a private message?

I am in Saugerties (not to far from Clinton Corners) 

• Thanks 1

johnnymag3

Hi Paul, we can talk here, but its better in person

and the Horses don't get upset with off topics

Call me anytime, 845.797.5716

Regards, john

Also I live 20 minutes across the Rhinecliff Bridge in Milan, with a Clinton Corners address....sort of silly

DennisThornton

What they said! 

johnnymag3

Im going to get the 312 Saturday, I opted to leave the 655 where it lives.....................too many issues     Fuel, points, seat, tires, etc....etc...

Im getting the deck, and the snowblower too !!!cost is the same, with or without, so LOAD UP THE TRAILER BOYS !!!

• Like 1