maxxsam

1988 520-HC

maxxsam

I have an opportunity to buy an 88 520-HC. I see a lot of 520-H, what is the difference with an HC? Is there anything in particular with this machine I should be looking for? I believe the hours are pretty low. I don’t know much about it. There are several implements that come with it, snow plow, looks like a grading blade, and a trailer. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

B1F7E498-4087-40C5-A612-FE31586EE2B7.jpeg

35218014-83D3-41AA-8A84-9D8A41B6F27E.jpeg

B3F34794-F0B1-4F88-929A-AFC9A5F34943.jpeg

0847F272-E3C5-4560-B40B-6D13DF194688.jpeg

• Excellent 1

lynnmor

The C was the commercial version.  The gearing allowed faster speed, it had the better seat support and swept front axle a couple years earlier, a different air cleaner, and less frills like the shiny muffler cover.  Newer 520H has the control levers next to the steering wheel instead of on the console, there are some that prefer one over the other.

So basically it is the same tractor as a newer 520H, but it goes a little faster.

Edited by lynnmor
  • Like 3

Skipper

It will go 17,5% faster. H goes 6.4 mph, HC goes 7.5 mph.

• Like 2

stevebo

Imo the best 520 made👍

• Like 3

maxxsam

Thank you all, anything I should be looking for that might be specific to this model?

lynnmor
7 minutes ago, maxxsam said:

Thank you all, anything I should be looking for that might be specific to this model?

Make sure that all electrical systems work correctly.  Listen carefully to the engine for unusual noises and exhaust note, the weak part of the engine is the intake valve seats coming loose.  Guess what I am doing today?!! :bitch:

maxxsam

All great points, much appreciated