DocGeorge

1995 520h with 60in deck

DocGeorge

I recently bought a 1995 520h with a 60" deck.  I was looking to replace some worn parts on the deck attachment mechanism and found that the attachment shaft of my deck takes a shaft with tapered grooves in it where it mounts to the tractor.  tapered attachamatic shaft.pdf.  I don't think the 95 520h came with a 60" deck, my question; did this deck require a different attach-a-matic system to be installed on the tractor?  The deck seems to be slightly wobbly when mowing, and once I hit a dip in the yard at full speed and it pulled the deck off the mower, broke the PTO belt and I just ran right over the deck and left it behind.  My friend has a 48" deck and the shaft is a solid bar.  We are curious if this is a case of not all implements fitting all attach-a-matic equipped mowers

Just want to make sure I have everything I am supposed to have and get it right if not.  

Thanks,

George Harrison III

Tractor boy

You hit a dip in the yard and the deck came off? That sounds as though it wasn’t mounted properly. Just my two cents though. Someone with more knowledge with be along soon. -Tractorboy 

• Like 1

lynnmor

The tapered area at each mounting point is normal.  Yes, the 60" deck was one of several decks available for the 520.  The very first 520's had a straight front axle that wouldn't accept the 60" deck, but from about 1990 up the axle is swept forward.  My guess, without seeing photos, is that it wasn't mounted properly or the hitch is spent.  The early 60" decks had a skid welded on the front of the deck on each side, and the later ones had adjustable anti-scalp rollers.  Adjust the transport height, the deck leveling and the anti-scalp rollers per the manual.

• Like 1

muz123

Yes, As stated before the swept front on the 520's went from the years 1990 to 1997. Before those years they had the 520HC which was the only model which could acquire a 60" deck. When it came off your 520 I'm assuming it was not mounted right or not locked in on the mid mount causing it to come right off for you to drive over it. 

Dave