953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                   It was a pleasure meeting you and enjoyed your previous thread, will be watching this one too.         :handgestures-thumbupright:

:confusion-confused:    With a rear engine you will need some front weight too, perhaps the block from a blown-up motorcycle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:   ...... enjoyed your previous thread, will be watching this one too.         :handgestures-thumbupright:

:confusion-confused:    With a rear engine you will need some front weight too, perhaps the block from a blown-up motorcycle.

Well he did say it's a 2 seater..... Put the second seat (or a third) out front for ballast. Talk about a "wild ride".

:lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing this build.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

giddyap

I replaced the Cub fenders with a WH seat pan from a recently found Commando parts machine. A Cub "Ross" steering column, footrests, front spindles and the 212 cc Predator will be the only parts that are not WH. For the axle, I ordered a 1" round with key and flange bearings. I'm going with a cable operated disc brake that will be ordered soon. I have yet to decide whether to use a centrifuge clutch or torque converter, chain or belt. I figure that decision will best be made after assembly is complete. All in all, this is a simple build when compared to my first custom  

DSC03241.JPG

DSC03235.JPG

DSC03237.JPG

DSC03227.JPG

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

giddyap

My baby got legs, I hope she knows how to use them. I finally started working on her again after a couple days of rain made some landscaping possible. I had to grind down the upside down frame so the top two nuts holding the flanges would clear and allow the plates to fit flush. The 1-inch axle with a 60 tooth sprocket will hook up to a torque converter on a 212 cc Predator. I still have to order a disc brake, make a double seat, connect the steering, make an engine plate and body work. All and all a much easier build than my first

DSC03268.JPG

DSC03269.JPG

DSC03270.JPG

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

posifour11

Looking good!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

With the rake, you gonna install seatbelts sompassenger don’t slip under them meats?:P

• Haha 2

giddyap
On 7/24/2018 at 11:15 AM, pullstart said:

With the rake, you gonna install seatbelts sompassenger don’t slip under them meats?:P

Seat belts are a must so the passengers who don't share my death wish can't escape.

The unpainted angle irons will make the engine plate level and also allow it to slide so I can tighten the chain. This back frame is bolted upside down to the front frame so the flat side is on the bottom. I also tied the bottom of the plates together after I found the axle a little high on one side. Now level I made the axle equal length on each side and measured to the front center of the frame and found it to be true. I prefer studs over lug nuts. I just have to grind a bevel on one side of the nuts. I think the engine will be bolted over the one angle iron but the offset shouldn't be noticeable. 

DSC03278.JPG

• Like 7

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, giddyap said:

Seat belts are a must so the passengers who don't share my death wish can't escape.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

prefer studs over lug nuts. I just have to grind a bevel on one side of the nuts.

I'd be curious to see how you do that...

giddyap
9 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'd be curious to see how you do that...

Good morning, ebinmaine, 

First thing after making the morning coffee, I set up how I grind a bevel on the nuts. Now I'm curious about your big over the road orange tractor. Can you give a little description?

DSC03282.JPG

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, giddyap said:

Good morning, ebinmaine, 

First thing after making the morning coffee, I set up how I grind a bevel on the nuts. Now I'm curious about your big over the road orange tractor. Can you give a little description?

DSC03282.JPG

Ahh... Very nice. Simple and easy.

Thanks for the pic!

The beautiful orange truck is just a file photo I found online.

My two favorite trucks are old square nose Petes like a 379...

This is a project truck owned by a friend of a friend.

IMG_20180721_111903669.jpg.ca08e6005c9025691e0a77bce4911b9b.jpg

Or the Mack R and D models from the mid 60s to the 90s.

Like this one my honey took at Owls Head.

IMG_20180721_110840042_HDR.jpg.31c335725a260c4a524972c14d45fef9.jpg

I even have a tattoo of the original 1931 patent photo of the first 3D hood ornament on my forearm.

We drive modern Freightliners at work.

Here's our newest one.

IMG952018071695105408.jpg.12e50e25652853470bfac3e291790a2c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

giddyap

3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

we drive modern Freightliners at work.

Nice, To complete your fleet you may want to consider a die-cast M2-114SD Fassi Boom with drywall load...Keep on Truckin 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Freightliner-M2-114SD-Fassi-Boom-Material-Handler-w-Drywall-Load-1-34-First-Gear/152996356920?epid=1356222650&hash=item239f4b2338%3Ag%3As3QAAOSwPBFa358q&_sacat=222&_nkw=model+freightliner+with+boom&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

• Excellent 1

giddyap

Well, I thought I had the skids for the engine plate made until I tried to orient the torque converter. As you can see in the second photo it has a 2" inward protrusion. It would only fit above the frame so I had to raise the skids about 4" higher than the original placement. This meant new risers which I made from a Cub seat pan. The 212cc Predator will bolt down on the engine plate and straddle both sides of the center skid. The engine plate is longer than the engine so I can mount it to the skids after I cut out slots so I can adjust the tension on the chain. I extended the seat frame and hope 28" will be wide enough for two, it will be hinged in the front so I can pull start the engine. I also have a quick release steering wheel from Speedway.  Just in case I add a few pounds. Drilling is next, bolt it all down and hope everything squares up

DSC03285.JPG

DSC03287.JPG

DSC03288.JPG

• Like 6

giddyap

I think my first major design change has been a success. Since starting this project I had two goals in mind or a dual purpose machine. It ain't going to work or at least not well enough to continue. So I am going to make another change. and concentrate on one duty for this tractor. Just like my first build, one step forward always results in two steps backward. There are two forces driving me... to see it complete and to DRIVE it. 

DSC03295.JPG

DSC03296.JPG

• Like 1

giddyap

It's been a month since I last posted. Just want to say I'm alive and well and still confused. I abandoned my original idea but the project still has the two frames together in a Z configuration. Most everything else has changed. I am now attempting or maybe I'm just entertaining myself with the idea of an all-terrain tractor. The foundation is mostly all bolted together but the details may take some time with fall landscaping taking priority. I have 50 white pine saplings coming soon that must be planted pronto along with other transplants I want to do. My first born Supersized Suburban is running better than ever. I might post a video so watch for it. I picked up a 704 with a snow blade and a 72 Cub. My 12 x16 shed is now full. A 100 & 72 Cub Cadets, A 704 and my First Born and my Zero Turn. Life is good.  

DSC03423.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

WHX??

Don't know how I missed it but just saw it Giddy and chiming in to follow :popcorn:... keep at it!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX20

ebinmaine

. Life is good

Agreed!

Good to hear from you and keep at it.

Doesn't matter what you end up with as long as you keep trying. We're all here to see what's cooking next.

giddyap

On 9/10/2018 at 12:55 PM, ebinmaine said:

We're all here to see what's cooking next

I'm sorry to be a big disappointment, but my herniated disc won't let me build anymore. 

• Sad 4

ebinmaine
25 minutes ago, giddyap said:

I'm sorry to be a big disappointment, but my herniated disc won't let me build anymore. 

No disappointment.... Get well. !!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Looking forward to progress, but you wellbeing more!  Get well soon

• Thanks 1

953 nut

I can identify with your situation, had spinal fusion surgery a few years back, not as good as new but a whole lot better than before!

5ba44334cdd55_gettingold.jpg.7240609808dbf66241229c883b29fd38.jpg

giddyap

I just listed this roller in the classifies

953 nut. I'm hoping pt will help me, but right now I can't do my exercises. ugh

Edited by giddyap
  • Sad 2

RandyLittrell

Hang in there! I had a fusion in my neck in the mid nineties and I have 3 herniated disc in my low back right now. Not gonna do back surgery and trying to get in a clinical trial for an implant. We shall see how that goes.

I switched to a memory foam mattress and that has helped. Hot showers to get loosened up helps with the PT. 

Randy

• Like 1