Sign in to follow this  
FatJackDurham

Grumpy, Jealous and a little irritated

FatJackDurham

So, I admit first and foremost that I envious that I wasn't quick enough or had the money to make the score, but I am also irritated with this guys behavior.

Last week, someone put two tractors on CL. $800 for both, plow, grader, 416-H gold badge, and a 520-H. I managed to score the grader and was asking about the 416-H, but someone else had  snapped them up for $500. The seller said the other buyer didn't really want the 416, so i texted him and offered $250. It had a crappy seat, missing tie rod and a hydraulic lift that didn't work. The response after a second probing was $500. I told him $300 was the best I could do. Nope $400 was his low ball. Clearly, he wanted to get the 520 for free, and I get that, but he was pretty terse about it.

Then, today, I see three ads in CL, all from the same guy. 416-H for $400, a 520-H for $600, and he was soliciting for another 520-H with a good motor and bad transmission to fix his own 520-H, claiming "I need to mow my lawn!" Yeah, right. 

So, I'm pretty confused at why he felt the need to buy it all. Was it just to try to turn a quick buck by doubling his money? Why not use the new 520 to mow, or at least keep the motor? Unless it's bad, then he's pretty shifty trying to still sell bad gear for twice what he paid.

I don't know. It's irritating to see that, but as I said, I'm mostly irritated I didn't make the good score. But I would have kept both and fixed them.

The guy is selling out of Salisbury, VT on CL if anyone is interested. I don't think I'd buy them.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

I've about had it with C L myself! To many trolls and shady deals. I would say he is not one of us here on Red Square!

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: I'm thinking...

you might be surprised.

• Like 4

FatJackDurham

He probably is, but I didn't see the tractors for sale in our classifieds. Like I said, it's a free market, he obviously sees a profit, but his whole tone (through text) and on the ads is not friendly.

WHNJ701

win some, lose some can't dwell on it just have to move on to the next one. I think we all have missed out a few times it's part of the fun of it

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Ain't worth sweatin over..... Karma has a funny way of coming around full circle most times.

Mehh....

His problem.

No worries man....

rjg854

As with any deal with someone, if it doesn't meet your expectations, you've got to be willing to walk away, and be happy you did!  You've still got the cash in your pocket for possibly an even better deal.  Most times it just works out that way.

• Like 1

AndyK149

There is nothing wrong with finding a good deal on something and turning around and selling it for a profit.  I really understand your frustration but the guy isn't doing anything wrong or malicious.  He found a good deal and took advantage of it.  There will be more good deals for you in the future! Have faith.  

I've found a bunch of great deals online. Some were wins, some I missed out on, and some turned out to be disasters in disguise!  You'll find another.  

• Like 1

JoeM

This has been going on for years, it's just a bit easyer to know it now. There are folks the turn spending money this way, or make their living. 

I had a guy call me and offer two machines  for just above scrap price. Just wanted them taken away, he did not care what I wanted to with them. 

Like Andy said, be patient and diligent! 

• Like 1

FatJackDurham
On 6/30/2018 at 7:41 AM, AndyK149 said:

There is nothing wrong with finding a good deal on something and turning around and selling it for a profit.  I really understand your frustration but the guy isn't doing anything wrong or malicious.  He found a good deal and took advantage of it.  There will be more good deals for you in the future! Have faith.  

I've found a bunch of great deals online. Some were wins, some I missed out on, and some turned out to be disasters in disguise!  You'll find another.  

Yeah, I get that and that's why I admit I am mostly jealous.

FatJackDurham

Now the guy has the add posted for $400 "Make an offer!"

Well, I already did. I tried to text him again, but for some reason, he's not accepting my texts.....