paxz71usa

1973 12 Automatic Parts Manual

paxz71usa

I'm looking for a parts break down on a 12 Automatic. I have the owners manual that I downloaded awhile back, but there are no parts shown. I also have the sunstrand manuals. If a parts break down does not exist for this model is there another model or year that would be close? 

Thanks,

Gary                :USA:

gwest_ca

This should be the one. Click on the picture

Garry

paxz71usa

Thanks Garry,

That's what I've been missing. Not sure what I did, but I had the drive belt cover off to check the idler pulley and spring and then reinstalled it. I mowed with it and started smelling rubber. The belt was starting to fray. Obviously I had the belt routing wrong with the guides on the inside of the belt guard. Looks like a new drive belt is in the works for me!

Thanks again,

Gary           :USA: 

Rick 55 BB

Hey guys need some help on down loading  this parts manual for a 1973 16 auto , it says there are 17 pages long , but when i down load it all I get is the picture of the tractor and the 2 different electric wiring diagrams . The tractor I'm trying to bring back to life needs a lot of work and some replacement parts so will need parts numbers . Hope someone can guild me to the manual I need . 

Thanks Rick 

953 nut

:confusion-confused:       Seems we don't have a manual for the 1973 Automatic, here is what we have for the 1973 models.

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=1973 tractor om&type=downloads_file&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

The 1974 C-120 is about as close as you are likely to come,

• Like 1

Rick 55 BB
3 hours ago, gt14rider said:

Thanks guys , This will help , was hoping for a parts list on the chassis with part numbers . I guess it is what it is . Thanks again

953 nut

The Illustrated Parts List for the 1974 C-120 should have most of the same numbers.

gt14rider

That is the parts manual for a 73 no name auto. Can I help with something else.  I do have wiring diagram

gwest_ca
On 1/11/2021 at 10:37 PM, Rick 55 BB said:

Hey guys need some help on down loading  this parts manual for a 1973 16 auto , it says there are 17 pages long , but when i down load it all I get is the picture of the tractor and the 2 different electric wiring diagrams . The tractor I'm trying to bring back to life needs a lot of work and some replacement parts so will need parts numbers . Hope someone can guild me to the manual I need . 

Thanks Rick 

You need to click on the Download button on the right of the page.

17 pages 4.70MB

• Like 1

Rick 55 BB
16 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

You need to click on the Download button on the right of the page.

17 pages 4.70MB

Thanks guys , thats pretty much what i needed , This tractor is becoming quite a project , more than i expected . lol I have now taken it completely down to the bare frame , because i now find that the area where it mounts to the transmission is broken and part of it is gone on each side below the bottom bolts . Going to look around and see if i can find just the main frame for it , if not i will just fab up a new bottom section . Oh well , like I said it's a project and I have plenty of time . "retired"

Handy Don
19 minutes ago, Rick 55 BB said:

Going to look around and see if i can find just the main frame for it....

I'm sure someone on the forum not too far away will have a parts tractor frame that suits.  Put an add in the "Classified - Wanted" section with the particulars.

Edited by Handy Don

Rick 55 BB
1 minute ago, Handy Don said:

I'm sure someone on the forum not to far away will have a parts tractor frame that suits.  Put an add in the "Classified - Wanted" section with the particulars.

Thanks I'll do that !