Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

C-175 8 Speed Price Check

boovuc

I have a gentleman that asked me after 10 years of inquiries if I wanted to buy his C-175 8 Speed.

It's in pretty good shape and has always been garage/barn kept. Used for snow plowing only the past 10+ years. It has a 48" deck, condition very good. The plow is in good shape and he has chains and aftermarket wheel weights. (Non-WH).

The Series I motor was dealer replaced with a Series II when they were having "issues" with them. :rolleyes:

It runs, drives OK. Steering is a little loose but it's 30+ years old.

I haven't kept up with the horses the past three years so I need a little help in what would be a reasonable price for his machine.

Thanks in Advance!

BooVuc

Central PA

c-series don

Some pics of it will definitely help with an accurate estimate of value. 

pfrederi

Is the motor painted gray?  I have a C175 with a gray series 2 engine.  The spec number showed up as WH.  So I am guessing they ordered a bunch to replace failed Series ones.

Series 2 are good engines and the 8 speed is bullet proof. I could see 600-700 or more for the setup  Tractor 350-400  deck 100-150, plow frame and weights 100

boovuc

600-700 is what I was thinking. I didn't have my phone on me when I went over the last time. (One year ago). Typical Blackhood for the year. It would clean up better than my C-175 does. Decals are not pealing but faded. No rust except on the belt guard where the plow angle lever hits it occasionally. seat is good. No dings. Lights works. Amp meter works. If bought, I would have three KT17's. A Series II on my 417-8 and this one and my old C-175 still sports it's original Series I. (Plus a backup KT17 Series II motor on my bench ready if called upon).

Thanks for the replies.

boovuc

Oh and it does have the gray replacement motor that the owner painted black except for what came off the fins.

pfrederi
Just now, boovuc said:

Oh and it does have the gray replacement motor that the owner painted black except for what came off the fins.

Thanks .. confirms what I thought.  After a lot of Series 1 failures WH ordered a bunch of Series 2  and Kohler produced them in their standard "Service Motor" gray color.