MarkS

Added a ranger to the collection

MarkS

Picked up my new l-165 lawn ranger yesterday. The guy I bought it from was going to do a restoration, but got the tractor apart and lost interest. When I picked it up, the motor was off, as well as all the cover pieces, fender and hood. Today I spent the day degreasing and cleaning the frame and other parts. I got everything back on, except the hood, so I can work on the engine. The engine had no exhaust, so I picked up a muffler and some pipe to use. I changed the engine and transmission oil, spark plug, and air filter. Right now the engine isn't getting spark or fuel, so tomorrow I will look at the magneto, and the carb. Hopefully tomorrow I will have the engine running, and when the drive belt I ordered arrives Friday, hopefully I can take it for a spin!

I've attached photos (hopefully in order) of before and after I did some cleaning, and after putting some things back together. The seat is just sitting on there, I'm not sure if it the right seat or not. How are they supposed to attach?

20180627_085816.jpg

20180627_085821.jpg

20180627_085825.jpg

20180627_101600.jpg

20180627_101604.jpg

20180627_101610.jpg

20180627_152742.jpg

20180627_152748.jpg

20180627_153249.jpg

20180627_153254.jpg

20180627_153921.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Terry M

Looks like a nice mostly original Lawn Ranger!!    Steering wheel and seat are not original, but the rest looks nice and straight... :handgestures-thumbupright:

( the seat can just be bolted directly to the fender pan)

Tankman

Looks great! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Lawn_Ranger.jpg.eff7fa159d26a3c01fcbf24718fbddf8.jpg

• Haha 2

MarkS

Got the carb cleaned out and a few other things, but I cannot get spark! I tried a new condenser, but I still barely produces any voltage. I cleaned up the magnets and the magneto, but can't quite figure it out. 

AMC RULES

You cleaned the points(even if they're new)...

and, added a new plug too?    :scratchead:

Edited by AMC RULES

MarkS
Just now, AMC RULES said:

Cleaned the points...

and, added a new plug too? 

I looked at the points and they looked really clean. Ill try that next. And yeah, I got a new plug.

MarkS

Cleaned the points, but still no luck. I'm beginning to think that the whole thing may be bad. Does anyone know if there are any replacements? I have looked and not found anything. Possibly a way to change to a different type?

20180628_110450.jpg