Sign in to follow this  
Goldnboy

Governor - bellcrank mounting

Goldnboy

I am attempting to convert a K321 from a Ford/Deere style throttle-governor to wheelhorse style. The hole shown is where the bolt attaches the bellcrank that the governor spring and throttle rod connect. The Hole on this block is there but was not tapped out to screw in a 1/4" bolt,  also about half way in is some hard as #$$@ metal insert that has ate 4 drill bits. How do I get this tapped?

20180627_193324.jpg

Goldnboy

Well after much outside redsquare research I determined that carbide tipped would be the only remaining choice. I went online and purchased the proper size and it drilled through like hot butter. For future reference save your other, titanium, cobalt, etc and grab one of these and save your $$ on good broken bits that are incorrect for the job. I have the hole tapped out now.

20180704_082251.jpg

Goldnboy

Here is the assembly now that the hole is tapped.

20180711_071542.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• 67 WH 877
      By 67 WH 877
      I have an oil leak coming from my Governor (k181 8 horse), anyone know where to get a new gasket, or part # ? Thank You
    • BMW1
      By BMW1
      We added dye to the oil on a D200 to find an oil leak and discovered the leak seem to be coming from the bottom of the governor.  We recently purchased this tractor so I do not know the history of it.
      After removing the governor we found what looks like a casting flaw.  Not sure what else it could be. 
      One picture shows the dye and the other the casting flaw?

Any ideas what it is and best way to fix?

• Wheelhorse427
      By Wheelhorse427
      The Kohler K181 on my 855 will only rev to about 2500 RPMs. When I pull the throttle cable out the whole way with the engine running, I can see the governor arm push the throttle back down. I have adjusted the governor by the manual 3 or 4 times, but it made no difference. I'm pretty sure the throttle linkage is hooked up correctly because the throttle will open the whole way when the engine isn't running. Do I need to replace my governor gear? Thanks in advance. 
    • Dan693
      By Dan693
      Thinking about trying a foot pedal throttle on my WH,
      Has anyone ever tried it and how did it work out?

Thanks!
    • tntatro
      By tntatro
      Hello, my new to me C-160 seems to surge a little when idling at half and full throttle. It also bogs if I go from low idle to full throttle quickly. I moved the governor back and forth with my hand then started it and right after it would go from low to high normally, then later it had trouble again. The surging also seemed to be less when I messed with the governor and the spring but doesn't go away. I plan to clean and maybe rebuild the carburetor and adjust everything. I've never done this on a tractor before. What rebuild kit do I need for the carburetor and is there anything else I should consider doing or get. I have a K series pdf manual that explains the maintenance so I'd like to go through and do everything. I just don't want to mess anything up because it seems to be in decent running condition aside from maybe cleaning up and making adjustments. I've changed the oil and transmission fluid and am moving on to the fuel system. Any help and suggestions are much appreciated.