Sign in to follow this  
Bucko

Starter spring

Bucko

On my 61 H55D wheel horse, the spring that is supposed to push the starter gear back is broken. Is this available?

pfrederi

Looks to be discontinued  #28693.This is an HH60 part listing but i think it was the same as yours

starter.JPG

formariz

You probably can find a suitable replacement at a good hardware store, or if you want I am sure that i have one around here. PM me if you need it you can have it for free.

• Excellent 1

Bucko

PM sent. Thanks!

moe1965

Repair kits are available on eBay etc. They usually include the drive as well. Be sure to count the number of teeth on the drive if you are going to replace that as well. I would as long as you got it apart

Bucko

The gear operates smoothly "in/out" on the shaft, but will not return in on its own. Found that this spring was in pieces. Gear teeth are in great shape.

It totally amazes me in how solid this tractor is. Its only downfall was that its owner left in under a roof cover, but in dirt and mud. Over its past 5 years, it sat sunk on its left side up over the left front wheel, hence the reason that rim completely rusted out. The rest of the tractor has come apart easily, and cleaned up well. Its "patina" will stay, as it shows its original paint in decent, but faided out shape.

The seat will get recovered. Pictures to come. Many thanks to all on this site for help, guidance, and support.

Edited by Bucko