peter lena

swap to electronic igniition

peter lena

planning to swap over to a 12 hp magnum engine , with electronic ignition , from a points coil k 301, what is needed to make the change? thank you , pete

ebinmaine

I believe the ignition switch is different for a Magneto engine but other than that I'm not sure. I'm going to follow along and see what the others tell you.

pfrederi

Does teh magnum have a regulator on the blower housing or is it a 3 amp unregulated system???  if it has a regulator just bypass the one on your tractor and as EB said you will have to swap out the ignition switch.  You may also find the choke will work backwards....

953 nut

:confusion-confused:   Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the cam shaft on the Magnum has the lobe to open the points.

wallfish
26 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the cam shaft on the Magnum has the lobe to open the points.

I was thinking the same thing about converting an engine but re-read and now it seems like he's swapping the engines on the tractor.

??? Could be wrong.

• Like 1

953 nut
5 hours ago, peter lena said:

what is needed to make the change?

These diagrams will show you what is different and what is the same as well as the ignition switch you will need to change.

• Like 1