cgambino1018

Will a 60 inch Deck fit on my 520

cgambino1018

I have my eye on a 60 inch deck.  The seller asked "If your front axle is straight, it will not fit. The tires will hit the deck when you turn."   

First is this true?

Second I don't know if my front axle is straight.  Can you tell me based on the pics below?

Thanks

Chris 

file-1.jpeg

file1-1.jpeg

cschannuth

He is correct and yours looks to be forward swept.  What year is your tractor so our experts can confirm it is swept forward?

Skipper

Yours is for sure a swept front axle. Yes you can run a 60" deck then. Remember to get the appropriate mule drive for the 60" deck too, as they are different from the standard ones. Ask seller if 60" deck muledrive comes along with deck.

There are two different 60" decks. The one that would have come with your tractor is the HD deck. The other was an older design that came on the C195 and D series. You surely want to go for the HD deck!

If you have a pic af the deck, we can easily tell you which it is.

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 3

cgambino1018

here is a pic of the deck.  How can you tell if its a HD or  came off a C195 or D series?

Thx

Chris

image.png.e1a1dd180d27fccde055ce087a6c6b88.png

Skipper

That is an early HD deck from a 520. You can tell the difference between HD and the older type, by their looks. The older type 60" looks totally different. Not just a little bit ;-).

This being an early HD, is because it does not have adjustable front gauge wheels, but instead those two non adjustable skids.

Does the pooshute come along with it? Not many use it, but it adds value in a later sales situation if it is complete. 

That deck, if in good condition will cut extremely nice. If you want total control over your cut, then find one with the front gauge wheels, or weld two on yourself :-)

Put some good high lift blades on it, and be amazed..............

This is the early model 60"

IMG_1419.thumb.JPG.21a1a818863ccb8b4c96d0daabe14e8c.JPG.301868308442c04bb878ca9acc2e99c2.JPG

This is with the adjustable gauge wheels

20180621_115756.jpg.2239af1031a9ae98a375440e771d2d9d.jpg.1d2f9ee3ce32f6dcf97b4cb2d5d6aebc.jpg

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2