Pullstart

Rylee’s Screamin’ Jimmy

ebinmaine

Love how you randomly switch from - task you intended to do- to task you actually do- 

I do that A LOT !!!!

Nice to see I'm not the only one.

:lol:

I've mostly given up on deciding what I'm gonna do.... Now it's just puttering.

I'll be here following along on this one.....

Or whatever you turn out to do that day.

Hehehe....

• Haha 1

rjg854

Good luck Kevin, I'm sure you'll have it running in no time.  Glad to see you made home with no incidents with that load.

• Like 1

19richie66

Well no matter what you do or get done, you should have enough to keep you busy for a while. Better post up some smile pics when the kids get to drive them. 👍

• Like 3

Pullstart

I'm heading this morning to pick up the kids, they'll end up seeing the haul tonight, and I'm sure they'll be all smiles.  I better finish cleaning out my truck... where's @stevebo when you need him?  (Inside joke, before we came back from dinner on Wednesday night, he had to toss some garbage from the road trip... or who knows when before he'd get back in the truck.  It was bugging him way too much to see it on the floor!)

The 1276 hood I got for free when I bought the last tractor, it is cracked pretty good and is missing the hardware.  I think I'm gonna play with turning it into a short hood so the Commando will fit in with the other short frame square hoods of the bunch.  I'll be another good learning experience and if it doesn't turn out perfect it won't matter too much.

• Like 4

Pullstart

Doing some clean up with the pressure washer and some inventory this morning, I realized that I ended up with 3 sets of original front Wheel Horse and 2 sets of original rear Wheel Horse tires.  The 857 has so much compression I about broke my wrist trying to roll it over!  I'm excited about the starter/generator... even if I am Pullstart.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

I'm excited about the starter/generator... even if I am Pullstart.

You could potentially change your name to something like electric pull start

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19richie66

Keystart :laughing-rolling:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Pullstart

mightstart

• Haha 3

19richie66

Thought of that but I have faith in you that they will all run. :handgestures-thumbupright:

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, pullstart said:

mightstart

That's A LOT of us.....

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Pullstart

Took last night off any forward progress in the shop, first time my family has been together for a week... movie night!  The girls are excited about the new toys, my loving wife Taylor just smiled and laughed... like she didn't expect any less or something!

• Excellent 4

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, pullstart said:

my loving wife Taylor just smiled and laughed... like she didn't expect any less or something!

That's a keeper

• Excellent 1

clueless
11 hours ago, pullstart said:

mightstart

Are, Chris:rolleyes:.

• Haha 1

Pullstart

It's a runner!  Smokes a tad, now that it's running I'll have to get a new head gasket and change the fluids.  The gas, I don't know how old it is.... but it doesn't quite run without the choke partially on.  It might be a carb adjustment, it might be the fuel condition.

IMG_0761.JPG.b416a7dd35875d0525788867aee85903.JPGIMG_0763.JPG.54d2faa6e124c9743bbe8b562b85217b.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

• Excellent 6

19richie66

Smile says it all!

Pullstart

Yeah, no fun here!  Nope not a bit!  On a whim, I tried cleaning up the head on a flat plate with some 400 grit sand paper, then I put a film of copper RTV on each side of the head gasket and set it all back together with the bolts in place, but not tight... for about an hour.  Then I torqued it and fired it up.  Runs great, no head gasket leak and the smoke is starting to clean up after her running around the field for a while.  

Best part - really the best is that both the girls told me they love me at random today, playing on the tractors!  Gotta love a girl who loves Wheel Horse :)

Right now we're working on that shorter pedal and Rylee is painting the Wheel Horse logos on her front tires.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

rjg854

That's great Kevin, 2 happy girls, that doesn't happen often with girls :ychain:

Nothing like a Wheel Horse to put a smile on any one's face :banana-rock::auto-biker::banana-dreads:

• Excellent 3
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

Finished up the dual pedal yesterday, now Rylee can start/shift without having to slide totally off the seat!  

IMG_0807.JPG.c870a536c8a1c62b03da3565dc94557f.JPGIMG_0809.JPG.d52f31f5616a690f78d6fd956e23afd4.JPGIMG_0811.JPG.27cefb6ba3f4a6a61f560c5aa0f03223.JPGIMG_0812.JPG.7c0c55d6f8984e75def855d594b14dbd.JPGIMG_0791.JPG.c10baa938442581b2201377bdd5c3659.JPGIMG_0792.JPG.6c430e61539449a98d9dda8ff0d715d4.JPGIMG_0794.JPG.210d20a525a97866281b1c6b69e5cd33.JPGIMG_0801.JPG.b8b9b3d82079c57394e1c165b13e94c3.JPGIMG_0806.JPG.4b5d19c79c59f1b38457b4dd33df3976.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

Pullstart

Jada on "Putt Putt", Rylee on "Screamin' Jimmy".  That 8 horse Kohler sings them rpm's just like an old Detroit Diesel.  I tuned the governors the same on both engines, but the Commando just plain runs.  I might tune it down one way or another so we don't throw a rod.

IMG_0766.JPG.ca689ba30f806b9ee052946400eb76dc.JPGIMG_0767.JPG.65d2ea7664b135bb961ab035902744a1.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG.f50a3a75f30fe1d7085f044dad8edb6d.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Sarge

Great pics, nice to see young kids getting into the hobby. That last pic shows a bit of jealousy - evidently one is faster than the other or something?

Sarge

• Like 1

Pullstart

Yeah, Putt Putt likes to idle down, Screamin' Jimmy... well you can imagine how it got that name!  It's like a run-away once you start bumping up the throttle.  But all in all, that's just Jada's focus face, not anger face.  They were both having a blast, drag racing in the driveway and exploring the field.

2 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Great pics, nice to see young kids getting into the hobby. That last pic shows a bit of jealousy - evidently one is faster than the other or something?

Sarge

• Like 1

19richie66

Just plain awesome there. That pedal setup is just too cool! 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, 19richie66 said:

Just plain awesome there. That pedal setup is just too cool! 

It's all C-101 donor parts.  I told her that some day when she is big enough to reach the far pedal, we'll take off the pusher setup but probably leave the hole in the floorboard - and some day far away when she has her own little kid wanting to drive her tractor, then she can put it back on for him/her.  She was all smiles, plus it keeps her foot away from that recoil cup for now.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3