Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

"Whatsit" plow ?

Sarge

Not sure who made it , or who altered it for that matter....

Looks like part of the hitch/nose is cut off , as well as (maybe?) the blade itself .

Why can't folks just leave things alone/as is? :thumbs:

If I can find a corresponding model picture, fire up the Miller and repair it for this spring !

1236360950.jpg

Sarge

Eriks Red horse herd

Hi Sarge. The plow you have is for a Bolens walk behind tractor around 1956? The piece of steel on top of main beem is not supose to be there. Looks as though some one added it for extra weight. The tounge is supose to look that way. still would make a decent little plow. Nice find!

Teddy da Bear

And if your wondering about that notch in the back of the blade?

Most plow horns I have seen look the same way.

wildman

Exactly what Erik said.I have the same plow along with cultivator and spring tooth rake.I still have to modify my ends to fit the horses. Good find! _Bill

Sarge

I wondered, that notch looks like a factory cut and figured it should fit into some sort of quick attachment . The top piece of angle is definitely not original, but whoever welded it was pretty good .

Believe it or not, I have used this plow years ago behind a 1989 Huskee from TSC. It was the 18hp twinII Briggs with a cast iron rear transaxle. Had to reinforce the pan frame with angle since it tried to rip the rear axle out of it on the first pull . Got that fixed, and with the aid of an add-on Brinly hitch we made it work . Had 2 of us sitting on the seat for traction, full-on tire chains and another 200lb guy literally sitting on the hood .

Once dropped in the ground, there was no steering it at all , just steer wheels about 2' off the ground , engine screaming at redline in Grandma low and away we went . Plowed out a 50x100' garden in very rocky soil with it in one afternoon. Wish we had a video camera back then . That tractor, albeit a stamped-frame hunk of junk , has done a lot of work and runs to this day. Even with a bent crankshaft due to the 42" snow blower sucking the belt into the crank pulley. We still laugh about her "plow day" now when the guys come over and see it sitting there. ...

Sarge