WHNJ701

scored some 854 parts today

WHNJ701

finally got to pick up a part I purchased today and check some other brand garden tractors in North jersey.  very nice guy he had his father's 753 which he just got (he was using up until he passed he was 90!) said it was in the family since 74, wasn't for sale! the other brand tractors I passed on not odd ball enough.

he did have the remains of an 854 which I got for spares for mine, but then I saw the center consol still has the serial tag on ot so I guess it still has a soul, then I got looking at all the other parts I have laying around..... no I got to many other projects.... but it's a thought....hmmm

20180623_161214.jpg

• Excellent 6

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, jabelman said:

then I got looking at all the other parts I have laying around..... no I got to many other projects.... but it's a thought....hmmm

Sounds like another tractor waiting to happen...

• Like 4

Terry M

Any chance you could post a pic of the serial number on that 854 dash ???    It's nice to keep track of the numbers that show up here on RS.   Thanks

• Like 1

WHNJ701
On 6/23/2018 at 9:07 PM, ebinmaine said:

Sounds like another tractor waiting to happen...

so I have been kicking this idea around.  I like the idea of trying piece something together so I kept eyes open and my asked my tractor connections to look for parts and tonight now that it's dark at 5pm I started seeing how it fits.  my biggest dilemma right now is the hood, I will keep looking to the last minute I really don't want to cut up this suburban hood yet.  I have a nice k181 for it. for paint I am thinking black rat rod look. 

20181108_184646.jpg

20181108_184624.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHNJ701

made a little more progress on the 854, a hood turned up for sale on here and was able to start cutting and fitting it.  

also was able to work a trade for my earlier style toolbox and fenders for a later model tool box and fender worked out good for the both of us.  project is going into a new direction now with the more correct parts it will likely now get painted red and returned closer to original

20181209_161613.jpg

20181209_161535.jpg

20181209_161737.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Theres a start.

Glenn

WHNJ701

quick update, tracked just everything down.  mostly everything is painted, still need to paint the hood, trans, gas tank and then ready for reassembly.  thanks again to alot folks here for parts!  wait til you see the custom decals Terry made for it!

20190617_184852.jpg

20190617_184738.jpg

20190617_184541.jpg

• Excellent 4