19richie66

2018 Show

Aldon

It was great getting to meet a few folks face to face. Especially Ritchie and his wife. Been quite the journey following along with the Skirtles build.

It was great meeting Josh/ @PeacemakerJack as well.

He posted one of my favorite show moment pics in your GT14 thread. I wish I could recall what I thought was so humorous but capturing that moment with us both on our project tractors was nice and I snagged a screen shot and saved it to my photos.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

ACman

:hilarious:... I’m sure he’ll be getting some looks and probably photos on his way home. :auto-swerve:

But on the other hand that’s one way to beat the tolls . :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

"D"- Man

Richie, it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife, and seeing Skittles, you have done some tremendous work on that build.  Thanks for the parts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rob R

Ditto Richie your craftsmanship on the GT14 …… Super!  make sure you put that baby to work and don't make it a "trailer queen" !  Great talking to ya..... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
13 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I know Im forgetting people.

Well, yes, now that you mention it!                      :angry-tappingfoot:                                           

1B673AEB-0E17-4A47-B914-AAF77221BDAC.jpeg.5239e8e2ed68a50e8652ad53eafb948b.jpeg

One thing is sure, no one in their right mind will tailgate Kevin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Rob R

This is exactly why I loved my old 1975 Dodge Pick-up you never had to worry about a scratch...… you really loaded that baby to the hilt hope you made it w/o issue......

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:angry-nono: You see the picts...

and still can't believe it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19richie66

@953 nut and @elcamino/wheelhorse  See I told you I would forget someone. Sure there are more. :laughing-rolling: Both of you guys are super. Glad to have had the opportunity to shake your hand. Hope to see one another again soon.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

Pullstart

How else should a man take four horses for a ride at once?  I made it home without a hiccup, but I still think I could have fit more!  @elcamino/wheelhorse I don't know if I crossed paths with you, but I need to thank you for the Predator engine that you gave @19richie66, who gave it to me.  It's in the load under the 656's nose.  All these tractors were complete before loading, and thanks to @dells68 I even went back to the show for #4, took it apart and loaded it piece by piece.  The vendor helped me get the trans/wheels/tires in with his truck mounted crane.  There was barely room for a fart inside the truck either!  On the way, stopped by to visit @ACman and it was great to finally spend some time with ya Jeff!

For anyone who hasn't made it to a show, you don't know what you're missing.  I'm glad I forced myself to book the room back in January/February...

IMG_0714.JPG.4aa11207a8fadca06b0b3006af012284.JPGIMG_0711.JPG.bd3fd4294f373ed420ec1961228a0d90.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG.792474cdfb325d259e890c6f707530dc.JPGIMG_0736.JPG.0c54fd4b8685fddc6a7e4040a18ee670.JPG

my "what's in your mirror?" pic

IMG_0742.JPG.d14fa796ffdbc305d79d56e027fa6c3f.JPG

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 2

stevebo

That Duramax Colarado is the bomb!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

ACman

:text-yeahthat:.... it sure is ! 

It was like  @pullstart brought the show to me . I had a blast talking with you and it made my weekend :thanks: . The pictures didn’t turn out though :bitch:.  @dells68 thanks for the footrest . I’m glad you and @19richie66 talked me into them .

Edited by ACman
  • Excellent 4

dells68

No problem @ACman!  Please let me know if I can help with anything else.  You've got to come next year.  We had a ball mud, rain and sunshine all!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@pullstart Glad you got the Predator ,I got tired of moving it from one place to another in the shed. @19richie66 Very glad to finally meet you , the Predator was like paying you for the sign , you didn't hold on the money or the motor long . Hope you have a safe trip home.

@dells68 Glad to finally meet you and your family , thanks for the tires, now all I need are rims.

• Excellent 5

Lane Ranger

Richie: Very glad you were able to attend the show and take it all in with gusto!  David and I enjoyed seeing you!  We feel a connection to you and your Wheel Horse “bug” as we were so fortunate to get to know your dad Jerry Pugh thru the Wheel Horse addiction in our 2010 trip to Florida Flywheelers and other interactions!  Keep up you excellent work and exchanges with the other “addicts”!

• Excellent 4

19richie66

Met so many, not enough room to type how much meeting all of you meant to me. I had a blast. @elcamino/wheelhorse I wish I could have hung out with you more. You were just as I imagined, funny and a good man. Thank you! @pullstart glad you made it home safely. Another long distance friendship I will hold onto. It was a pleasure meeting you and watching you stuff that truck full. That should be on a chevy commercial! @Lane Ranger Lane I am glad to finally meet you. Thise pictures I have of you guys and dad are very special. Means a lot to me. Hope to see you a round again. Hope we can all stay in touch.👍

Edited by 19richie66
  • Excellent 3

dells68
35 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Glad to finally meet you and your family , thanks for the tires, now all I need are rims.

I agree Jim.  It was awesome meeting you.  I may be able to work out something on some rims for you.  If I do by the end of July, I'll send you a PM.  I just might be up your way before summer is over.  Thank you so much for the brake shoe machine and oil drain pan.  They will be kept in the dry and taken care of!  Wish we would have had more time to talk.

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, stevebo said:

That Duramax Colarado is the bomb!!

So are your polishing skills!  Thanks again for teaching me a new way to "polish a turd" and letting me take up your time to play with the 656.  Also, thanks to @fast88pufor tuning that tecky in about .013 seconds... probably the same reaction time stompin' the gas on that purdy blue Chevy when the light goes off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

I'm glad I forced myself to book the room

So are we!

Wild Bill in VA

It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife at the show, we get several folks who come up from Florida each show. I should have told you about the old Wheel Horse dealership in Miami.

Wild Bill in Richmond VA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Likewise @Wild Bill in VA. Great show.

We finally made it home today after a stop over in NC. On the way home we saw @pullstart‘s cousin(?):laughing-rolling: with a boat on her roof, had a semi truck tire explode the lane over and scared the 💩 out of me. Then someone lost a backpack of kids toys on the interstate and someone hit it and kinda tossed it in my lane where I proceeded to scatter it all over I-95 after I ran it over. Then when we finally hit Florida, we knew we were close to home when all the idiots behind the wheel came out.(most had Florida tags😂) Getting cut off several times and nearly rear ended by a painter’s van reassured us we were close. But getting off of the interstate onto the “expressway” and coming to a stop, that sealed the deal. Pay to sit, the Florida way. But we made it. Had a great time. Now to decompress. 

840F17BE-CBA4-4060-BF07-F6159E33F908.jpeg

D01754E5-30AC-4E67-962C-5A6D5DC9ED41.jpeg

B1F2C5F0-E5FE-4E7B-A13E-BDFFC63A00E8.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

dells68

Glad you made it home Ritchie.  I agree, all of the fruit cakes were out on our way home as well.  We rolled in around 11:00 last night.  Love the show, but it always feels good to be home after the drive back.  Don't know how you did the long drive and kept your sanity.  I wouldn't have made a good truck driver!

• Haha 1

19richie66

I don't think I could do it again, especially all the way from Florida. I had to experience it at least once. Had a good time. I will be back one day.

• Like 4