Sign in to follow this  
The Gman

Is it a D180???

The Gman

Looks like a 180 to me but not sure. Can get it for reallllly reallllllly cheap but it's 6 hrs away. Owner says the motor turns over.

Is it a 180?

ad_1529778638948.jpg

"D"- Man

There are {almost} suttle differences between the 18 Automatic's and the D-180's one is the height of the grill housing, and subsequently the height of the side panels.  There appears to be no indication that it had the large square Wheel Horse head decal that was used only on the 18's.

pacer

As Dman sez, could be a 18auto or a D180, The D160 didnt have the big twin, and the D200 had a bigger gas tank ....  If you can get it reallllly cheap jump on it, the possible big hangup is the Sundstrand Hyd drive and you cant check it without it running so you do need to get it cheap ....If every thing will check out, these 'BigD's' are brutes.

The Gman

Thanks for the info. guys.

Have wanted a D for awhile. Kinda round out the collection. They just look tough!!!

Just gotta convince my wife to a 12 hour round trip. Or maybe get away for the weekend.

pfrederi

I think it is an early D-180 as it later ones did not have the split reverse slots on the motion control

As stated above not running the tranny is a big ???   Low bid....

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

Sarge

Features point to the '74 model, just like mine that was missing the model tag plate....

Sarge

• Like 1