Sign in to follow this  
Ky Greg

WH disc with issues.

Ky Greg

Hello folks, just found this site and I look forward to exploring it. I'm wanting to spruce up this old disc I found today and I have no ideas about WH implements. It would appear that it has been used without grease and now the axles are worn and the disc pans are floppy loose. Is it woth repairing, where can replacement parts be located (if still available) or any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

WHdisc3.jpg

WHdisc1.jpg

WHdisc2.jpg

linen beige

Greg I'm sorry to tell you that this disc is worthless. Just drop it off to me in Lexington and I'll dispose of it for you. :whistle:

This looks like a model 7-1512. Here's a link to the Illustrated Parts List (IPL) from Toro.

https://homeownersolutions.toro.com/portal/...wingDiagramPage

Another link to Parts Tree.

https://homeownersolutions.toro.com/portal/...wingDiagramPage

Unfortunately only a cotter key, roll pin and replacement decal are still available from Toro.

But the good news is that other tractors also used very similar discs and the parts are out there. You just have to do a little digging.

What part of Ky. are you in? The Brinly company in Louisville made impliments for Wheel horse and may have built this disc? :thumbs:

It's great to have another Kentuckian in the crowd. We're getting that much closer to having enough for a REAL meet and great.

Ky Greg

Jim, thanks for the help and warm welcome. I live in Green County in south central Ky. I'd like to fix this old disc up, but I don't want to sink a fortune into it either so hopefully it won't take much. I might not be welcome at a WH meet and greet....all my herd is old school yellow and white :thumbs: I am WH curious though. :whistle:

sorekiwi

I am WH curious though. :whistle:

:thumbs:

:whistle:

KyBlue

I posted over on MTF about yer disc, so I'll just say :thumbs:

jusjeepn

Greg, I have one just like that...Literaly! The steel bushing used inside the cast housing siezed up and the p/o just loosed the center nut and used it anyway. damaged 2 discs beyond repair and really wore the casting away from the stands. Once you pull your's apart you'll probably find the same thing. I was just lucky enough to find another one just a few days after I found the first one! Here's some pic of the good one!

003.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

Ky Greg

Mine will never look that good, but I think I can bring it back to a usuable state. BTW your disc looks awesome!

WheelHorse_of_course

Greg,

Take a look at at a tractor catalog or store like Tractor Supply, Rural Kings etc.

You may find parts to fix it, or possibly improve it.

Best of luck and it is a nice find even in rough shape.

:whistle: :thumbs:

linen beige

I live in Green County in south central Ky. I might not be welcome at a WH meet and greet....all my herd is old school yellow and white :thumbs: I am WH curious though. :whistle:

I grew up in Marion county. My dad lives in Calvary, so I try to get down there every few weeks. One of my sisters lives in Campbellsville.

Come see some Wheel Horses. That will turn your curiousity into desire!

I would like to have at least one of my 'Horses in show shape for the Ham days weekend in Lebanon this fall, but I don't know if I'll get one done.

Ky Greg

Jim, get that show horse ready a week earlier and bring it to Cow Days in Greensburg. :thumbs: Or the 4th of July in Campbellsville is a huge tractor show. I'll be there defending my championship title from last year in their BBQ contest, but I'd like to take a GT to show off also.

linen beige

I'll be there defending my championship title from last year in their BBQ contest

Hey Scott, Did you see this? That's within a hundred miles of you.

Greg, I didn't know about the C'ville show in July. I might try to get one ready for that one. Or I could just scrub up the 1054A and show it as is.

KyBlue

Yep I saw it. IIRC I talked to Greg last year before he went and competed. We'll have to see how busy I am when that comes around.. Money comes before braggin rights.

Greg ya got some more info on the BBQ contest Just in Case??

Jim - IF I do manage to be able to get down there, im sure I can provide a lift for your A ... I dont think It'll fit in a trunk..least not w/o some disassembly

linen beige

Jim - IF I do manage to be able to get down there, im sure I can provide a lift for your A ... I dont think It'll fit in a trunk..least not w/o some disassembly

I do still have the old rusty F-150 I used to haul her home from Indiana. But come to think of it I did haul the spare rear wheels and ag tires home in my Volvo trunk.

My dad has a 16 foot car trailer I might be able to borrow. IF I can get it away from my brother in law. :thumbs:

HORSEOFCOURSE

How well do those discs work? i have used a cheaper version and the angle on them was not that extreme. i tried to break new ground with them and they didnt work well. those look like they would do a lot better.

jerrell

:whistle: welcome greg, nice find and TSC can supply almost everthing you need to repair it to new. :thumbs:

Ky Greg

Yep I saw it. IIRC I talked to Greg last year before he went and competed. We'll have to see how busy I am when that comes around.. Money comes before braggin rights.

Scott, we haven't heard anything as of yet. You'll have to remind me of when I spoke with you....I talk to so many people I don't remember everyone, my apologies. I'll pass the info on when I hear something. :thumbs: