wha

520h tiller attachment belt not tracking properly

wha

I just installed a 36" wheel horse tiller on my 520h, The belt seems to want to ride about half way off the front idler/ tensioning pully. Dose anyone know how to align this.

daveoman1966

It MAY BE that your rear axle bracket is not aligned properly.  Just a 1/2" inch either way critical.  Release the top four bolts and whack it one way or the other.  Go easy with the whacking. Don't forget to retighten the 4 nuts.  If not, you MAY have to put a spacer washer behind the idler pulley, or MAYBE bend the bracket just a little to straighten the belt route.

B 88 520-H 10.jpg

092511- 014.jpg

• Like 1

doc724

Davoman has one suggestion.  Personally, I have not seen a misaligned rear hitch but I suppose it could happen.  As Dave suggested, another possibility is that the idler on the tiller itself is not parallel to the belt line.  A little bit off here means the belt is a lot off at the mid idler.  Get a 10 or 12 inch adjustable wrench and tweak the bracket that holds the tiller idler opposite the direction that the belt jumps off.  The steel is not hardened here so you can bend it pretty easily.  Take your time, be patient and you can dial it in pretty good.

doc724

Also, your mid idler spring needs to be attached to something to keep tension on the belt

MattK

Hi, did this get resolved?  I am having the same problem.

MattK

Hi, did this get resolved?  I am having the same problem.  Seems my idler arm is not aligned?  Not sure how to adjust?

F3D1E52B-3E70-4305-9CB1-131F6ED0699A.jpeg

Edited by MattK

Lee1977
18 minutes ago, MattK said:

Hi, did this get resolved?  I am having the same problem.  Seems my idler arm is not aligned?  Not sure how to adjust?

F3D1E52B-3E70-4305-9CB1-131F6ED0699A.jpeg

Either welded wrong or it has gotten bent. The Pulley looks to be about 1/4" out of alignment from top to bottom .