Tractor boy

Dehydration is no joke!

Tractor boy

Well I went into work today and forgot the usual water bottle. Ah you’ll be fine I said to my self. Literally a couple minutes before work I decided to stop a gas station and buy some water. I bought two water bottles and proceeded to suck both of them down. Besides the Diet Coke and the Gatorade I’m sipping on now that sums up the amount of fluids I have had today. Wound up almost making it as I threw up 20 minutes before work. Made it home to immediately suck down 16 oz of more Powerade. I’m doing better now but y’all be safe at the big show and the rest of the summer. I’m now bringing 3 things of Powerade and getting more at lunch. -Tractorboy 

Terry M

Make sure you are ok....Maybe a visit to a doctor for a quick check would be a good idea.     Had the same symptoms as you and felt better for a while....Then later ended up in the hospital.     My wife reminds me of it every time the weather gets hot.  

WHNJ701

sure is, we saw a poor kid drop/faint last weekend at my son's soccer tournament. 5 games in the heat, gotta stay hydrated 

ebinmaine

As an avid Mountain hiker I can't help but put in my two cents worth here.

On a long hike on a warm day I'll go through 5 quarts of water and Juice mix.

If you mix orange juice or some other juice you like with water in a ratio of about 8 to 1 it gives you a few electrolytes along with the fluid.

Along with that, I bring along some salted trail mix or salted nuts. You lose a lot of electrolytes When you sweat a lot and then take in pure water. That can cause severe muscle cramps.

Unfortunately the companies that sell sports drinks such as Powerade and Gatorade often include many other ingredients that we should NOT have in our bodies. Be very very careful relying on those to keep you hydrated. They may be doing more harm than good.

Read a little bit online here and there and you can even find kidney warnings on those.

Any kind of excessive sugar is a huge mistake. Caffeine. Huge mistake. Any alcohol. Huge mistake.

Please be careful folks.

• Like 1