Haficon

Hello, new owner here.

Haficon

Hello,

Just moved to Virginia, my wife bought a C165 from a guy locally for a lawn mower. I have since learned is it far more than the average lawn mower, now I am in the market for some attachments just don't know where to start. It has the hydro-static transmission, no leaks and runs great. First thing I would like to have is the rototiller and later maybe a push blade. Not sure what I need to do to make them work. Amy advice is appreciated and I will be searching and reading up on the machine a little here. Will upload some pictures when I am able.

James

IMG_7225.JPG

IMG_7226.JPG

IMG_7227.JPG

IMG_7228.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

JPWH

:WRS:

AMC RULES

welcomewagon.gif.f7a8098acbee52fae04679a8f407edc3.gif5b28cce02451d_righthorse2.png.94571d64d717e95021a6488bdd79a9f4.png

rmaynard

:WRS: If you are in the mood for a little drive the weekend, come to the annual Wheel Horse Collectors Club show in Arentsville, PA.  Any accessory you could dream of should be available there. Otherwise, check out our classifieds. Most all accessories from 1973 on will fit your horse.

• Like 2

Sparky

Great machine to start out with!!

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                  Like Bob said, just a few hours drive to the Big Show could get great results.                                     :text-yeahthat:

2018 big show.pdf

The Gman

Ah yes, the love of the black hood.

Nice

:text-welcomewave:

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Welcome! Looks like a very nice 1980 C-165 with a Sunstrand transmission. It has a nice metal fender from a later Wheel Horse.

Haficon

Thanks all. I would love to go to the show but we are south bound to Florida for a couple weeks then back to Va. Maybe next year, but my father and brother in law does some wicked custom paint jobs so may have it blasted and repainted this winter. Already found a decal kit want to put it back to original but this will be a working machine.

gonna do more reading but have to find out what I need for a tiller attachment.

Edited by Haficon

oldredrider

There is a lot of Wheel Horse tractors and implements in Gloucester. Most were sold by Chimney Corner. Done a lot of Horse thieving in that area myself!

Haficon
7 hours ago, oldredrider said:

There is a lot of Wheel Horse tractors and implements in Gloucester. Most were sold by Chimney Corner. Done a lot of Horse thieving in that area myself!

This place is 5 minutes from my house. Bought some Stihl equipment from them, very nice folks there.

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:  You're wife bought a nice :wh:!!!  You're both going to be very happy.

Haficon

So I found this... tractor ran when parked a couple years ago.. probably needs a fuel flush, plug and TLC.

The guy also has all the attachments, what is a fair offer?

96638653-F55F-4249-B385-5248E4139AB3.jpeg

D55F3D2D-738C-4B38-8F73-971436F5E76C.jpeg

2B7B4C17-95AB-4EE3-AA4D-AC712EF9F8D2.jpeg

25347A32-CE97-4FBB-87BB-285351C6E744.jpeg

3E633E76-0607-4109-82BC-555BA183C690.jpeg

1E8987F0-A710-4C31-8D57-7DF34B1C8B19.jpeg

39B97F7A-C161-41B4-BEAD-A1928DBDFBF2.jpeg

002FE36E-F3AF-4B7E-ACDD-E8DA60F6129D.jpeg

Haficon

Found all this in Alabama I will be there tomorrow visiting family. Plan to bring it back to Va. and try to salvage what of it I can.

steelman

Just reading your post from several weeks ago. That is quite a haul of :wh: goodies with the C160. Assuming you got it all home and putting it to work. 

Haficon
52 minutes ago, steelman said:

Just reading your post from several weeks ago. That is quite a haul of :wh: goodies with the C160. Assuming you got it all home and putting it to work. 

I actually passed, he wanted $325 for everything. Yea is is a decent price but moving it was to much of a hassle have to rent a truck and have someone drive it. I really only wanted the plow.

Haficon

Can someone help me out? I am trying to narrow down the year and more specific info on my tractor.

C-165 as pictured

Hydrostatic transmission

Kolar 16hp 341s 13 fin head (I assume this is the original engine)

I am having some issues and am prepared to do a full rebuild, going to do a compression test this evening I adjusted the valves and hope that helps. 

My wife might have ran the engine with very little oil while I was deployed. Engine appeared to be seized I used a socked on the crank nut and it took some force but I got it to spin. Once it was free it spins like it should. It runs but not the same, and smokes bad it never smoked any before. I am just curious as to what exact year this tractor is and if it is worth building the engine.

James

FDE314A2-629E-4EE8-A7DE-4C88E31DEA27.jpeg

Edited by Haficon
  • Sad 1

rjg854

Definitely worth a rebuild, 16 is a great engine.