Sign in to follow this  
upstate yank

B-80 8 SPEED CARB ISSUES

upstate yank

IT SEEMS I DIDN'T GET TO MANY REPLIES FROM MY FIRST POST ABOUT A WEEK AGO 'WHICH I THOUGHT THAT SO MANY HERE MIGHT KNOW THE ANSWER;  THE TRUTH  IS I REALLY I  DO NOT KNOW ANY THING ABOUT ADJUSTING THE SCREWS SO I AM ASKING FOR HELP HERE TO GET IT TO RUN;I REBUILT THE CARB BUT NO GAS IS  GETTING IN TO THE BOWEL BUT THEN I REALIZED THAT THE OWNER BEFORE ME CHANGED GAS TANKS AND THE CAP DID NOT HAVE A HOLE FOR AIR SO AFTER I DRILLED A VERY SMALL HOLE THE MOTOR TOOK OFF BUT ONLY USING THE CHOKE ; SO HERE WE GO  I HAVE A 1974 MODEL B-80 WITH THE 8 SPEED IT IS A K-181-S MODEL NUMBER 30629-D WITH THE OTHER NUMBERS A-273685; THE CARB IS A WALBRO  NUMBER 16 FOLLOWED  BY THE  NUMBERS 2622 'WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHICH OUT OF THE 3 SCREWS ARE THE LOWS AND WHICH IS THE HIGH ' AND THE CORRECT ADJUSTMENTS ;I WILL ADD A PICTURE OF WHAT THE CARB LOOKS LIKE AND HOPE THAT SOMEONE MIGHT JUST KNOW  THE CORRECT SETTINGS AND WHICH IS WHICH ;THANKS AND I LOOK FORWARD TO ANY INPUT 'PLEASE LOOK AT THE DIAGRAM ON PICTURE 3-6 AS THAT IS THE CARB ON THE 8 HORSE ' SORRY I DO NOT USE ETHANOL AS ONE PERSON MENTIONED FROM ANOTHER GROUP AS TO THE PROBLEM SORRY THAT HAS NO BEARING ON THE ADJUSTMENTS;AGAIN THANKS 

CARB REF _TP2377E_ 04_08.pdf

dcrage

Doesn’t the table on page 2.4 give you the settings you need?

wallfish

:text-yeahthat:

There's also a picture that clearly shows which "screw" is which for High, Low and idle speed adjustment. Figure. 2.2

Please read and follow all of the directions in the file you posted for best results.

upstate yank
2 hours ago, wallfish said:

There's also a picture that clearly shows which "screw" is which for High, Low and idle speed adjustment. Figure. 2.2

Please read and follow all of the directions in the file you posted for best results.

sorry i might had missed that one but i sure will check it out thanks for the reply back

upstate yank
2 hours ago, dcrage said:

thanks for the reply back as i truly appreciate it but it seems i might have over looked that one as the one i have is so different as there is so setting screw on the top but again i will check it out 

upstate yank
2 hours ago, dcrage said:

i might have not seen it but i will check it again thanks for your reply and the input

upstate yank

thanks for your reply but that carb adjustments are on the wrong side of figure 2.2   as the one's on  my b- 80 are on the left side  maybe the previous owner switched carbs ;if you can see the picture to the top right off the Manuel the adjustment screws are on the left boy is this confusing as so many different styles 'but again thanks

CARB REF _TP2377E_ 04_08.pdf

formariz

Can you post a couple of good photos of yours?

wallfish
7 hours ago, upstate yank said:

but that carb adjustments are on the wrong side of figure 2.2

The position of the adjustments are exactly the same, just on the opposite side of the carb.

The adjustment closest to the engine is the low idle, the one on the top is for the idle speed, the one down near the bowl is high speed.

From the table: Preliminary settings   Low Idle  2-1/2 turns     Main Fuel   3/4 turn

upstate yank

The position of the adjustments are exactly the same, just on the opposite side of the carb.

The adjustment closest to the engine is the low idle, the one on the top is for the idle speed, the one down near the bowl is high speed.

From the table: Preliminary settings   Low Idle  2-1/2 turns     Main Fuel   3/4 turn

thanks for the reply 

upstate yank
3 hours ago, formariz said:

Can you post a couple of good photos of yours?

i can try ;thanks for the reply

upstate yank
14 hours ago, dcrage said:

yep it seems i overlooked it ;i should wear the glasses ;thanks for the reply 

upstate yank
On 6/18/2018 at 11:52 PM, upstate yank said:

thanks for the reply back as i truly appreciate it but it seems i might have over looked that one as the one i have is so different as there is so setting screw on the top but again i will check it out 

to the guys who helped with my issue with the carb i was able to understand the correct settings and  adjusted it properly it runs like a bear ;it is true that you can teach and old dog new tricks ;thanks everyone for the replies as i sure did appreciate it '

upstate yank
On 6/19/2018 at 8:41 AM, wallfish said:

thanks again as i was able to figure it out ;boy i never thought there were so many different ones for a 8 horse ;as i have mentioned before i have never messed with a carb so this is all new to me ;but it seems you can teach an old dog new tricks'

upstate yank
On 6/18/2018 at 9:26 PM, dcrage said:

yes it does and it seems i was to much in a hurry to really check it out ;as the wife has always told me darn you want it yesterday not today well i have been that way for years and even at my age i don't let any grass grow under my feet ;yep you can teach an old dog new tricks even though i am not the best to adjusting carbs but we learn as we grow  thanks so much for your input as i really appreciate it ;if you ever get to springfield do look me up as i can show you my 4 horses '