WHX??

Been Propositioned

WHX??

Yah get yer mind out the gutter @AMC RULES So I have this 1855 snapper in other brands classifieds  and  a guy off  CL bites. Said he has this and  willing to trade. I'm at 750 on the Snapper and thinking 100 against for a who knows what Techy? @Achto  thinks it might be a 654 but thought I would run this by the Pros. Gotta admit it might have that nice barn find patina? 

IMG951230.jpg

IMG951231.jpg

IMG951232.jpg

IMG951233.jpg

IMG951235.jpg

• Like 8

WHX??

Wrong wheel I know and no belt guard so what else?

Achto

I still thinking 604 or 654. Definitely a '64 model.  One question - is it normal to have a Fairbanks recoil on a Techy?

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

That age Dan I am thinking  so???

I had first thought a LR gone awry but not now.

Edited by WHX19
  • Like 1

ACman

Doesn’t look like it ever had a battery box and the short back steel pan wasn’t that started 65? Could be swapped like steering wheel. I’m guessing 604 and I’ll be watching :popcorn: . For some reason I thought @Racinbob was looking for one? Definitely love the patina on it 

Edited by ACman

Chris G

My thought would be a 604. 

WHX??

Yah Jeff, guy's gotta like those cobwebs hanging off the wheels. Gotta  be a '64 of sorts?? In my short conversation with the gentleman he said he had gone thru the motor when he was in college but sounded a older gent on the phone??? Hasn't been started  in  years since so who knows? Keep y'all posted on how this pans out. Supposedly coming to look at it (my Snapper) Monday night when Dan and I are loading up for the BS and is bringing it with him so he must be serious. 

Edited by WHX19
  • Like 2

Shynon
6 hours ago, ACman said:

I’m guessing 604

:text-yeahthat:

6 hours ago, Chris G said:

My thought would be a 604. 

:text-yeahthat:

Yes Teckies had that recoil on them. Easily drop a pull start Kohler on there, I may know where you can find one:ph34r:.  Missing belt guard and correct steering wheel and lift lever. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

:popcorn:

Racinbob
7 hours ago, ACman said:

Doesn’t look like it ever had a battery box and the short back steel pan wasn’t that started 65? Could be swapped like steering wheel. I’m guessing 604 and I’ll be watching :popcorn: . For some reason I thought @Racinbob was looking for one? Definitely love the patina on it 

I'm agreeing with a 64 model and probably a 604. Jeff, I did mention I'd like a 704 since it was the second tractor my dad bought new but I'm now leaning towards something with electric start. Doesn't have to be a show queen but something ready to go. :)

• Like 2

squonk

That's a 604. And if my dad didn't bother to replace the first blown Tecky after the first 3 yrs. of it's life that tractor would look the same as ours would have sans the wrong seat,wheel and missing lift! :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

953 nut
8 hours ago, WHX19 said:

Gotta admit it might have that nice barn find patina?

You could pick up everything that is missing at the Big Show this weekend and have a fine looking survivor!    Or just concentrate on the other dozen projects you have going on.    :ychain:

• Haha 8

WHX??
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

other dozen projects you have going on.

Ain't that the truth! :lol:

• Haha 1

WHX??

Lol.. WHX61/3 at the BS I went to in '16! They just keep dropping from the sky. Jeepers Cats I was 'posed to be selling a tractor here! All I said in thead was I didn't have the time to love it (the Snapper) because of my affliction for :wh:. She's a survivor all right. She's got a patina to match @953 nut 953 barn find. Obivouslyspent some time out in a pasture 

hop in the back of the guy's truck and with a little coaching from the buyer/seller she fires right up two pulls. Runs really good and Dan says we'll take it! So since my 100 dollar limit on a non running tractor goes out the window I offer to take 150 off the 750 tag on the Snapper and it's time to unload and load. Turns out the guy is a hog farmer and used it to pull his hog roaster around at FFA events.

The bad

Tires are all toast and one front rim bent. The missing belt guard doesn't bother me as maybe ther will be one at the BS or even one to measure to repro.The thing that scares me is the PO ran it without one not realizing it is also the belt brake. Takes abit of grinding to get it in gear.

Not quite sure what to do with it yet? Clean up, oil down and leave as is? Dan says maybe a Rat rod? No paint thats fer sure. 

More pics when I get her cleaned up a tad after the BS. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

PeacemakerJack

WHX20–has a nice ring Jim! Another one in the J&C stable—cool:greetings-clappingyellow:

Time for you to build a rat rod!!!

• Like 2

ACman

:woohoo:....way to go Jim :handgestures-thumbupright: !

I think you should start using Roman numerals and really confuse everyone :lol: !

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Shynon
3 hours ago, ACman said:

really confuse everyone 

I think everyone is confused on the WHX? as some one said it's hard to keep up with a moving target :ROTF: Nice tractor Jim that will be a nice looking original with a little work. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Shynon
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

I see perfect yard art...

just the way it is.  :greetings-clapyellow:

If it runs, and drives...

all the better Jim.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

HorseWhisperer

I think beautiful.Mismatched and missing goods.

• Like 4

953 nut
7 hours ago, WHX20 said:

Not quite sure what to do with it yet? Clean up, oil down and leave as is? Dan says maybe a Rat rod? No paint thats fer sure. 

I would suggest a new (used) set of tires on freshly painted rims, a new @BOB ELLISON seat cover and don't play with the patina at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

rjg854

For sure that!!!

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
47 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I would suggest a new (used) set of tires on freshly painted rims, a new @BOB ELLISON seat cover and don't play with the patina at all.

Agree totally!  You know how much of a crowd Dan’s Rat always draws...do anything mechanical that it needs along with the above items and have that ugly duckling that spectators are going to love!  Fun little machine for sure.

• Like 3

dells68

Don't even worry about working on it.  Just drag it with you to the show and I'll give you your money back + lunch from the confession stand😄!

Just noticed it auto corrected to confession stand😂.  Maybe there's more truth to that than we know!

Edited by dells68
  • Haha 6

ACman

WHX’XX :rolleyes:You guys swing up this way on your way home (I’m 15min north of I-94) and I have a bunch of original turf tires and rims to pick from. I’d gladly give you a pair . Then go north to Ludington and take the ferry across the big pond. That would probably cost you some coin :twocents-mytwocents: though but I’ve always wanted to do it .https://www.ssbadger.com/schedule-fares/ or muskegon to Milwaukee https://www.lake-express.com/rates/ 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 4