ebinmaine

Advice wanted on saving and using these tires

ebinmaine

My original thought was to remove and maybe sell these or hang them as shop art but the tread is in great shape and they just look cool.

The printed side which someone has moved to the inside of the tires has quite a fair amount of weather cracking and a couple of soft spots.

The solid non printed side appears to be in very good condition.

They hold air fine.

This tractor will be used like our others to pull trailers of stuff around the acreage.... Possibly as much as 400-600 pounds as a guess.

We can use one of the B or C tractors for the heavier loads.

I'll likely put tubes in if they aren't already there. They'll likely also be fluid filled and low air pressure for extra traction.

So... What else can I do to help the tires as far as strength and structural stability?

IMG_20180615_181810985.jpg.febf1c97f2bbaf6d3cb7b47f764eeb79.jpg

The little ones on the left

IMG_20180610_191945294.jpg.5eb5b0c7500b7b6805b60f837779472b.jpg

squonk

Me thinks if you try to dismount them the sidewall may rip. Been there, done that.

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, squonk said:

Me thinks if you try to dismount them the sidewall may rip. Been there, done that.

Yeah Mike..... I had that thought too.

I believe they'd be ok on the plain side but the lettered side is not so awesome.

WHNJ701

keep the weight off it when not using it with Jack stands

Sparky

I don’t think anything will bring the tires back. There is a tire paint product out there but that’s to make a tire look better for show purposes. 

Under a heavy load I wouldn’t be shocked if the sidewalls gave out. I had a set of tires with great tread depth but bad sidewalls and one day I came out and the tube had busted thru the sidewall and looked like a huge tumor.

• Like 1

pfrederi

I have 18 horses and a bunch of extra tires...only one tire was worn down tread wise (a front one)  Numerous side wall failures and many that are in use are tubed because of slow leaks....

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, jabelman said:

keep the weight off it when not using it with Jack stands

That would definitely help and I love the thought but it wouldn't be practical here. These are machines that get used quite often.

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

I don’t think anything will bring the tires back.....

I don't know of anything that would do it either. I know there is really no way to repair the sidewall of a tire.

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Under a heavy load I wouldn’t be shocked if the sidewalls gave out

I'm thinking that's what's going to happen here. I'll have to change hers over to a spare set from the b80.

They will certainly make cool wall art though!

• Like 2

WHNJ701

sounds like you answered your question, time to order up 4 ag tread tires and a dozen flowers and your all set

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
Just now, jabelman said:

sounds like you answered your question, time to order up 4 ag tread tires and a dozen flowers and your all set

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am pretty much the luckiest man alive with the girl that I have.

No need for flowers around here.

We talked about it a bit this morning and she may order up or try to find a set of decent used tires around that size at some point in the next few weeks.

Her tractor, her money, her deal.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Lee1977

With the way you used your tractors in the woods there is only one way to go "new 4 ply tires",

• Like 2