Goat 2141

Hours meter

Goat 2141

My hours meter not working how can I fix it.

953 nut

:WRS:

There should be a fuse in the accessory circuit, is the volt meter working? Depending on what model you have there may be components like the oil pressure switch that could cause it to not work. Let us know what year and model you have and we can be more helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rmaynard

If you are working on a520-H, let us know. I am assuming that is what it is by your previous tags. The hour meter runs through the oil pressure switch. When the engine is running, oil pressure trips the switch and completed a circuit to ground that runs the hour meter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Goat 2141

1990 520h ,with onen 20hp.

Goat 2141

1990 520h w/ 20hp onen

953 nut

Good deal, as Bob said, the oil pressure switch completes the circuit. If your volt meter works the fuse is OK, that only leaves the oil pressure switch and the meter itself. The pink wire should have 12 volts on it with the key on. The black wire from the hour meter heads to the oil pressure switch, with the ignition switch in the on position jumper it to ground and if the meter runs then the oil pressure switch or the wire going to it is bad. If it is receiving 12 Volts DC and grounding the black wire doesn't make it work the hour meter is bad.