Dakota

Original wheel horse tires value

Dakota

Hello everyone, the tires that came with my raider 8 parts tractor appear to be all original wheel horse branded tires. They still hold air and still have pretty decent tread left on them and I’m acually still using them on my good tractor right now until I have a chance to buy new ones. I was wondering if there was any value to them considering they are originals or if they have any collectors value? Thanks!

dells68

This was just addressed in a thread started by @ebinmaine  Not a lot of info.  I'm in the same boat with a few originals I'll be bringing to the show.  I think the value lies in their condition and use to put a machine back to original.

• Like 1

Sparky

They are cool and I love the fact that my Commando 8 has all four with Wheel Horse embossed on them.

But the truth is they are just old tires with dry-cracks all over. 

My opinion is that they aren't worth much more than tires without the name we all love on em.

• Like 2

953 nut

I bought a parts tractor for the transmission and rear :wh: branded tires, the rest of the tractor I gave away to a member who needed the parts. I valued the two tires at $ 25.00 because they will look KOOL on a custom with the :wh: name in white raised letters.

AMC RULES

These, are the rarely ever seen...

really "rare" original :wh: tires.    :jaw:

Image result for wheel horse white wall tires

• Like 3

Sparky

A pair popped up on Craiglist in Massachusetts...WH branded, dry cracked...asking $20 for the pair.

Pic>  image.jpeg

• Sad 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Sparky said:

A pair popped up on Craiglist in Massachusetts...WH branded, dry cracked...asking $20 for the pair.

Pic>  image.jpeg

Not likely.... Unless as a decoration.

Mine will end up as wall art with the "Wheelhorse" words highlighted somehow.