stevebo

2018 Big Show or Bust ....

wallfish
4 hours ago, JPWH said:

Hope to see you next year.

Gonna miss ya Jay, hope you can make it next year!

• Like 3

Zeek
9 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Left Florida, passed georgia, hit South Carolina, lost a rubbermaid on the interstate. Scary walking down the side of  I-95. No ones parts were hurt in the process. 😁 Restrapped skittles 3 times. SC roads are horrible. Back on the road👍

That is LONG trip, see you there!

• Like 2

Zeek
8 hours ago, ztnoo said:

Well, that's what I thought it was, but was wondering why you didn't try to tie it down with it on the floor of the trailer.

The lower center of gravity thing..........

Just curious.....

I'll bite . . . because he has Etrack on the sides and the chances of his double axle flipping over because it's top heavy are diminished with the weight of the GT.

However, he is driving a Ford. So the chances of him driving at excessive speeds passing slow-moving Chevys & Dodges towing trailers is exponentially greater . . . I'm on the fence with this one :popcorn:

Edited by Zeek
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

AMC RULES
9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

...passing slow-moving Chevys

Did you just hit your head?    :blink:

• Haha 6

Zeek
1 minute ago, AMC RULES said:

Did you just hit your head?    :blink:

Sorry, I couldn't help it . . . I'm logging out ;)

• Haha 2

19richie66

I’m driving a Ford and I had plenty people passing me. Haven’t had too good of luck with trailers. After you have lost a boat/trailor on an interstate and have it almost pass you, you get kinda skittish towing. Needless to say, any dip in the road, bump or pothole you hit and the trailer clunks, it sends shivers up your spine. After loosing the rubbermaid and the seat flipping up on the tractor, I was on edge the rest of the way. :laughing-rolling:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Mike'sHorseBarn
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

I’m driving a Ford and I had plenty people passing me. Haven’t had too good of luck with trailers. After you have lost a boat/trailor on an interstate and have it almost pass you, you get kinda skittish towing. Needless to say, any dip in the road, bump or pothole you hit and the trailer clunks, it sends shivers up your spine. After loosing the rubbermaid and the seat flipping up on the tractor, I was on edge the rest of the way. :laughing-rolling:

And these Pennsylvania roads are so marvelous that you have no reason to worry once you get to the state line LOL There are a few bridges that I hit on the the way to the show that make me think this is the end of the trailer haha  

• Haha 1

19richie66

I wont have anything else on the trailer coming and going but my tractor. It will be strapped heavily. Coming home, I have heard my truck bed will be full of parts. :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mike'sHorseBarn
21 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Coming home, I have heard my truck bed will be full of parts. :laughing-rolling:

I can tell you from experience that that will be that case!! Hopefully though I leave with less than when I showed up lol 

• Like 3

squonk

Here you go Jeff. 

Yes Martha, there’s a tractor cab in there! :)

9AF27F43-70D1-4AD1-8D8E-3790FDE14BD2.jpeg

• Like 4

dells68

Phase one of loading done.  Gotta save a little room for the wife's luggage.  Gonna start phase two with the trailer shortly.

A42A5D34-341D-4961-B7A8-DA6DD9577FC1.jpeg

• Like 4

953 nut

I'm about ready! Just got to grab the back pack and I will be on my way in the morning.

100_2288.JPG.86bee4f296cdc5b87d14252a06ac6560.JPG

• Like 9

Vinylguy

What is that on your trailer Dick?

elcamino/wheelhorse

@dells68 Don't worry about the wife's luggage , just make sure you load my tires :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19richie66

Ready for the second half of the trip. 

9C2D10F1-E9D5-4396-B5E0-CB8DFA96BA2B.jpeg

• Like 5

953 nut
3 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

What is that on your trailer Dick?

That is the '69 Charger 12 that Paul @pfrederi bought from me. I bought it as a parts tractor but once I got it running I decided it was too nice to part out. Also have a deck for @PeacemakerJack and @Coulter Caleb. As usual will be coming back with more than I brought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

squonk

Finally got the trailer ready to go!

5b298c39441a2_loaded001.JPG.0ea9c4d4aa05d736d51033c59fda3a04.JPG

5b298c3e47dcb_loaded002.JPG.a7d6258b441a9c8cff68247598409149.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Vinylguy

Wish we only had a 5 hour drive. Must be nice. :-(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Loaded up the trailer tonight. Calling for rain here in pa tomorrow so I thought I should get it done this evening. Excited to head out Thursday morning for the 2 hour trip!

20180619_195201.jpg.4f0b5823436953c38d3056d175b33aad.jpg20180619_195213.jpg.5f94451e4880be816a86d7db185ec08a.jpg20180619_195224.jpg.8760e32240fb18aaf107bbefe3cd7a84.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

dells68

Finally loaded.  Now to clean out the cab so we have a spot!

480A6828-80A3-4F40-B0C3-0017B8477E7F.jpeg

C7C2B1E9-3093-4CCA-8AA5-A62D6DBBDB7B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

stevebo

So I have been wanting to take my son (now 11 years old) to Gettysburg to see the civil war attractions. We decided to head to Gettysburg today and got here around 8pm after making a stop at Bass pro and dropping some coing on stuff we did not need:confusion-shrug:...

We plan on spending the day tomorrow in Gettysburg. Anyone have a starting point or a "must see" tour or attraction etc? Here are dome pics of the trip today...  Last photo is the view from our hotel room... ;)

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5971.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5984.jpg

IMG_5989.jpg

IMG_5990.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_6005.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

dells68

Ok Steve, you've got to eat at the Dobbins House Tavern and you definitely want to take him to see the cyclorama at the visitors center.  We enjoyed the history behind the "Devil's Den" at the battlefields.  Half the fun is figuring out where a famous picture of a dead soldier was staged in a very rocky terrain.  The are so many places to visit.  Go to the National Cemetary.  We thought the ghost tours would be a joke, but we got a guide that gave us as much history as she did ghosts.  Go to Mr G's ice cream shop.  Great ice cream in the middle of the historic district.  I could just keep going!

• Thanks 1

Zeek
22 minutes ago, stevebo said:

So I have been wanting to take my son (now 11 years old) to Gettysburg to see the civil war attractions. We decided to head to Gettysburg today and got here around 8pm after making a stop at Bass pro and dropping some coing on stuff we did not need:confusion-shrug:...

We plan on spending the day tomorrow in Gettysburg. Anyone have a starting point or a "must see" tour or attraction etc? Here are dome pics of the trip today...  Last photo is the view from our hotel room... ;)

Not sure what all he's into, but a walk down Baltimore Street is pretty cool because there are a bunch of shops that have all the Gettysburg related stuff. Usually, they have people period dressed walking around there too. There's a huge Harley dealership on Rt. 30 just off Rt. 15 (Battlefield Harley), but again, not sure if that's impressive at 11. The UTZ potato chip factory and factory store in pretty cool in Hanover which is pretty close to where you are. The Battlefield tour itself is good, but if he's not up on that, you are looking at a bunch of fields and rock outcroppings . . . not diminishing it of course, but you have to appreciate what happened there when you are doing it.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

Zeek
9 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Ok Steve, you've got to eat at the Dobbins House Tavern and you definitely want to take him to see the cyclorama at the visitors center.  We enjoyed the history behind the "Devil's Den" at the battlefields.  Half the fun is figuring out where a famous picture of a dead soldier was staged in a very rocky terrain.  The are so many places to visit.  Go to the National Cemetary.  We thought the ghost tours would be a joke, but we got a guide that gave us as much history as she did ghosts.  Go to Mr G's ice cream shop.  Great ice cream in the middle of the historic district.  I could just keep going!

+2 on the Dobbin House (in the lower level).