Jrblanke

Guys..... the Pies....I'm coming for them....

squonk

Who's bringing them. I had pies the last couple of years and had trouble getting rid of them. 

Everbody who said they wanted some before the show never came over. I ended up giving Van a whole rhubarb one.

Jrblanke
11 minutes ago, squonk said:

Who's bringing them. I had pies the last couple of years and had trouble getting rid of them. 

Everbody who said they wanted some before the show never came over. I ended up giving Van a whole rhubarb one.

I was referring to the ones they sell at the concession stand. I tear that place up! I am required to take some home to my wife this year. I've been catching flack about it every time I mention the WH show. 

I do remember you giving that rubarb pie to Van. I will PREpay for a rubarb pie if you can bring another one! Just shoot me a message with your paypal info. 

I hope to be bringing Van, but it will depend entirely on my work schedule. He can come if I drive up on Friday night, but if I come up on Thursday night, he won't make it. Which day I come depends entirely on my work schedule. If we work Saturday, then I will have a comp day on Friday and will be at the show then. But if I don't have to work Saturday, then that means I will work Friday, so I'll drive up after work for the show on Saturday. 

squonk

If you come Sat. the show will be over by 2 ish

Jrblanke

Thanks for the heads up, I didnt know it would be over that quick. I would drive up Friday night. 

Edited by Jrblanke
  • Like 1

Jrblanke

Just wanted to follow up on this post to let everyone know that the church ladies pie game was on point this year. 

Here is the pie report for 2018.

I laid into those church ladies by  8:00 am  opening the day with some shoofly pie. followed up by some blueberry pie. Delicious. I over estimated my body's ability to process the pie, so I didn't get my next slice until about 12:30 which was a lemon meringue.  Fortunately, I thought ahead this year and brought a cooler and ice. So I bought a whole apple pie, some pecan, cherry, and egg custerd pie to bring home for my wife. She told me if I came home for the 4th year in a row without pie....I was going to be in trouble!

Over all, my favorite pie was shoofly, followed closely by the pecan. Spent 19 dollars on pie this year and it was  great!

Unfortunately, its time to go back on the low carb diet!

• Haha 1